Clutch not engaging

GoldenMotor.com

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
I don't know if I've ever seen the key size posted but if it fits in with no play, you should be fine. It's a half moon shape and it should stick up a 1/16 of an inch. Sorry I could not be of more help other than to guess that the key is about a half inch long. Maybe you could see if some of the sellers here sell them and list a parts number. I'd ask sickbikeparts, they answer emails within an hour or so. and are very helpful.

Emerica

Feb 1, 2008
3/16 * 1/16 Is what I'm starting to gather from all the threads..
I tried to make one from a thick washer last night but wasn't exact enough.
In Canada, and the staff and most home depot or rona are no longer upto snuff with what they used to be.

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
zoomcycles or bike-engines.com have the woodford pin in stock with instructions how to put it in...i have seen them at home depot...good luck you'll be up soon and it will pass...patience...Dennis

Emerica

Feb 1, 2008
I'm on notification for them at zoom, they are out of stock.
bike-engines.com is a dead domain, deleted and available again.
Thanks for the reply though.

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
i just checked bicycle-engines.com...its up and running...they give a illustration and they call it carter key way pin...#19...in the clutch section...Dennis

RenoRider

Feb 14, 2009
Reno
I can't remember the exact size, I will keep looking around for the bag i purchased them in.

But I went to Home Depot and purchased almost all the sizes. I ended up using the thickest, but smallest size I believe. It doesn't fit like a glove, but it does what its meant to do.

But then again, I didn't have to tool to pull out the gear to put it correctly in there

Emerica

Feb 1, 2008
In Edmonton.
Home depot was a no go, but I ride though an industrial area with a bunch of automotive and motorcycle shops, so I popped into Ames Motorcycles and they directed me to Princess Auto, which was my next stop. They have keystock in various sizes but nothing in half moon. But the guy at the counter was kind enough to let me at his private stash, where he had a few that look to be around the right size.
Thanks for the help though if someone does come accross the right dimensions or key number, please post it :) I'm guess its metric while most key sizes are sae