White stuff on the ground in Houston?

GoldenMotor.com

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
Strange white stuff is on the ground this morning. They closed most of the roads for the next hour and they say it will go away soon. Very strange!:confused:

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
My 4 year old grandson called me yesterday afternoon and excitedly said "Grampy, it's snowing in Houston, it's snowing in Houston." The only time he has ever seen snow before was when he was up here visiting in the North end of Texas..................................

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
I always figure that one day I'd strap a snow scoop on the back of my truck and head south, and stop at the first place someone asked me what it was.

I guess you are not far enough south anymore!rotfl

All in all, you're lucky because, it'll be gone in a jiffy, whereas for me, I get to shovel it for another 5 months!

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
A couple of years ago we got about 1/2 inch of snow and a real cold night. It shut down the city for half a day! Desert dwellers do not know how to deal with the stuff! rotfl

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
It's freezing today! it's 48 and raining.
It was 2 degrees and snowing when I left this morning...there were 3 inches on the ground.

Some of us ex-desert people couldn't deal with the heat and moved to a place where you can get all the snow cones you want for free. Just don't eat the yellow ones :)

I remember when it snowed down there a couple years ago...snow on a cactus is an interesting sight.