Source for 5/8 jackshaft sprockets needed

GoldenMotor.com

Nashville Geoff

Jul 29, 2008
My build is progressing along slowly, as time permits. I've just about rounded up all of the parts needed to complete it. I'm using a 3hp 2-stroke Briggs, rack mounted, with a centrifugal clutch, running to a jackshaft via a #35 chain. From the jackshaft to the dual freewheel hub, 415 chain. I ordered 12guage spokes from Stanton today, and the 5/8 jackshaft kit. The kit comes with 13 & 18 tooth, 35 pitch sprockets. I'm thinking that I need more that an 18 on the jackshaft, coming from the 11 tooth clutch... Using the Ratio Calculator, with the 18, and a ten feeding the final 50 tooth sprocket, nets me 37.8 mph @ 4000 rpm. I'd rather use a larger #35 sprocket on the jackshaft, and a larger 415 drive sprocket, too. I also need a couple feet of #35 chain & a masterlink. Any thoughts on ratios? Who has sprockets available? I'm anticipation having to change up a few times, to dial it in, especially after I get it on the road & start to modify the engine. Thanks for the input. Nashville Geoff

Last edited:

Nashville Geoff

Jul 29, 2008
Your Welcome

I'm glad to help a fellow DIY motor bicyclist!

How's the build going?
Z... The front suspension fork is on, the brakes converted to linear-pull type. I scrounged up some angle iron for the rear rack mount yesterday. I dropped off the Giant wheel, dual-freewheel hub, & 12 guage spokes to get laced today. The 3hp, 2-stroke Tecumseh motor showed up today, but it's going for another build- This one's going to have the Briggs 3hp 2-stroke. I hope to start builing the engine mount tonight, possibly. Cut, grind, weld, repeat... More to be revealed! Be safe, ~Nashville Geoff

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Looks pretty sweet looking forward to seeing the j shaft set up finished. Using a bike hub for a jack shaft cool!