sick home made fork

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Ayup, I sure did. Aside from the MB market, you would have the "peddler crowd" as well. Springer's with all the braking options of ridged forks. That's a home run there.

Ya know, I have only been with you folks about a yr I think. Every time I turn around some one finds the answers to what I call the "Holy Grails" of these functional works of art. Is great fun to build. Even more fun to do it as part of a very cleaver collaborative.

I am working on a build now that I can't wait to show you guys (meaning Ladies and Gentleman)

If any one here ever thinks inside the box, could you take pics and share with the rest of the class?

UncleKudzu

May 26, 2008
Deep in the American South
Ayup, I sure did. Aside from the MB market, you would have the "peddler crowd" as well. Springer's with all the braking options of ridged forks. That's a home run there.
yup, that fork would look good on the ratty little cruiser that i've been pedaling around the neighborhood. and of course it would be awesome on my Molotov motorized project.

Ya know, I have only been with you folks about a yr I think. Every time I turn around some one finds the answers to what I call the "Holy Grails" of these functional works of art. Is great fun to build. Even more fun to do it as part of a very cleaver collaborative.
the ingenuity of this crowd never ceases to amaze me.

I am working on a build now that I can't wait to show you guys (meaning Ladies and Gentleman)
photos, Dan, we need photos :)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Uncle, I ran out of money!! LOL, the wife’s birthday is in December. That coupled with my lack of focus has put my whole world of creations on hold. That and I got fired and am meded out of my lil brain. Have 3 half done MBs and this is killing me. (Did I just whine?) But will get at least one done this winter.

Jak, there is a thread, http://motorbicycling.com/f31/springer-front-forks-4403.html you should check out. I asked about springers with braking options. Got some great leads. There is interest in them. Marketing opportunity. No kidding, some great stuff out there but your's is in the Family. I posted this link there, and that link there. Wut? ok, I put this link there and that link here.. I think. Meds, took me 3 trys, lol

(great, that makes me bithreaded)

Last edited:

UncleKudzu

May 26, 2008
Deep in the American South
well, don't feel bad, Dan, you're not the only motor bike builder in the forum to find himself suddenly without employment :)

ain't it crazy? suddenly plenty of time for wacky projects, but no money coming in!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
"ain't it crazy? suddenly plenty of time for wacky projects, but no money coming in!"

Oh Man UncleK!!!! Ayup. Maddening! What was that Jimmy Buffett song about making enough money to buy Miami, but.... lol

streetstrip80

Oct 12, 2008
Littleton, CO
I built this functional front fork with adjustable ride height and brakes

it seems kind of crazy, but it has worked well on this bike

The suspension raises up when you brake, and this is the only brake on this heavy bike, but it works ok if you are carefull

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Street, amazing work, nice job. Awesome thought on the braking. Front, no backs must be a malox moment at times!

Do you have a centrifugal clutch on her?