Just a Mini Truckers Schwinn

GoldenMotor.com

LAYNS10

May 31, 2012
Nor-Cal
Well im relatively new to building bikes, I build custom trucks and thought it would be cool to have a motor bike to cruise around the shows with. Heres what i started with:

since i live in california it was kinda hard to get a 2 stroke out my way. finally i found a kit on ebay. with a little frame mod i got it to mount up how i wanted it:

my goal on this bike is to be a definite old school look and feel. when im done it will match the truck im building and come to all the shows with me.(its also a nice break from the truck when money isnt exactly abundant) Most of this bike is going to be built with ebay, garage sale, or home fabbed parts.

New wheels:

Currently in the works is mounting an old 70's Harley peanut tank. fabricating mounts for it and doing the body work on it since it was pretty dinged up. pictures to come if interest shows. thanks for reading..

LAYNS10

May 31, 2012
Nor-Cal
just finished the fab work for the tank. All welded up just needs a hit with a grinder and a little more sanding on the tank.

not too far from paint. few loose ends and maybe a slight stretch and rake of the front end.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Nice looking bike. A set of truss rods on those forks would look sweet. Bairdco posted a how to on making your own truss rods a while ago, you should check it out. Looking forward to following the bike build.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Interesting way to mount a 2 stroke. What was the reason for not mounting to the seat tube? Have you run this bike yet? The carburetor is really angled. The carb should be a little closer to level to operate properly. That said, if it's working for you, leave it alone.
Keep us posted on your progress. It should be a good looking bike when finished. What color will it be?
Tom

LAYNS10

May 31, 2012
Nor-Cal
Well when I got the engine it wouldn't mount directly because ofbthe frame shape. The only ways around it that I saw was either a) make an ugly bolt on adapter or b) weld in a bar either in front or behind. I went with behind for pure esthetic reasons.I don't think a bar ahead would of been to visually pleasing.as for the Carb angle the pictures make it seem rather severe but when looking at it its not too far from being level. She runs great haven't had any problem at all so far. And color is going to be a flat copper Pearl paint. Same my truck will be when completed.

LAYNS10

May 31, 2012
Nor-Cal
heres a question. i saw on downbikes.com the air ride bikes they sell i know they are just simple co2 with a manual air valve. but does anyone know where to get the hydraulic. making the set up is no problem since i mess around with air ride on a lot bigger scale. any help would be great

LAYNS10

May 31, 2012
Nor-Cal
Well after doing quite a bit of research I think my modifications are going to be much more extensive than originally planned. I guess its a curse. Once you bag a truck you want to bag everything. So she's going under the knife. Custom back half built to lay the frame on the ground with a front end rake and a slight stretch. Still working out some kinks in my air management for it. But hopefully ill get into the metal this week

LAYNS10

May 31, 2012
Nor-Cal
I've got a couple thoughts on how to keep it tight through the travel. Only way to make sure its full proof Is start building