Flame thrower

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Is in fact against the MotorBicyclest's rules to make a weapon. (like a flamethrower) A smokescreen makes for a smooth getaway.

Just need a drop or 2 of oil on a hot exhaust. You will be easily followed and caught but in a haze of glory.

LOL, now I wanna see the vid. "The fugitive kept police at bay for several minutes riding his motorized bicycle at speeds topping 34 MPH and using a smoke screen!"

dang, now I wana try it.

Lil bobber

May 21, 2011
HAWAII
Oopss! noob here. I wasn't thinking as a wepon. I think if you do it while ridin uh you'll be the fireball... Its jus for you own enjoyment...

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I don't imagine it would be too difficult to make flames shoot out of your exhaust, through one method or another. On a related note: I still do some custom tailoring and alterations (and costuming) so let me know if you'd like me to make you some flame-retardant pants. You may find them necessary. Oh, and you may want to set aside some money in an interest-bearing account so that when the cops start giving you tickets for the flame-thrower, it won't become a burden. (Unless those things are actually legal where you live, in which case I'm astonished.)

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
I brought up this very same topic a while ago , an came to my conclusion altho it would look 6 different kinds of cool remember if your motor is a 2 stroke you could potentially be sitting with a bomb between your legs, can any one say" budget home vasectomy ?"
Gary

Mightyboosh

Apr 28, 2012
College Station, TX
I had one on my truck. All it was, was a spark plug in my exhaust and a black box with a button. when you pressed the button the power would be cut from the spark plugs in the engine and sent to the one in the muffler, where the unburned fuel would light. It did blow up my muffler one day. i wasnt even messing with it. i was on some back woods high way. and boom sounded like a 12g in the cab went off. I about s&!t my pants. Im sure I installed it wrong wires were touching the hot engine and causeing problems.

cmanns

Jul 1, 2012
Santa Cruz, California
You could probably tap in a switch so when you hit the kill switch a plug in the exhaust would spark and then engine would throw gas into exhaust.

Would maybe want to put a switch before that wire.

Like run two CDI's, I believe kill switch just cuts one wire to CDI, so if you ran two, but when you push the kill switch it grounds to the 2nd. Then add a swithc so your not always throwing flames when killing the engine, unless thats desired.

No idea if that'd work, you also need oxygen in the pipes for a good flame.

ratrod

Feb 7, 2011
Australia
I had one on my truck. All it was, was a spark plug in my exhaust and a black box with a button. when you pressed the button the power would be cut from the spark plugs in the engine and sent to the one in the muffler, where the unburned fuel would light. It did blow up my muffler one day. i wasnt even messing with it. i was on some back woods high way. and boom sounded like a 12g in the cab went off. I about s&!t my pants. Im sure I installed it wrong wires were touching the hot engine and causeing problems.
great read !!! dont forget to attach a fire extiguisher

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL Ratrod. Great point! Has a good chance of beginning with "hey, watch this" and ending badly....

We really gotta build one.

Be really cool on a BatBike, tribute build.