Redb66's attempt at a Motorized "Rat Rod"

GoldenMotor.com

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
This is my latest project. Their getting easier...lol. Tried to go for the Rat Rod look. The bike rides really well. I'm sold on the Springer forks and double springer seats. The third photo is of a standard 36T sprocket that I drilled myself. I have used three of these so far without any problems, and at $8.99 I think I'll continue.

Last edited:

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
My butt is clinching scared as **** of that neck breaking? Overall cool looking bike all these bikes are growing on me. I want to be the the next Jay Leno of M.B.s

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Kickin' job on the rat! After the better part of TWO weeks, I have built a Schwinn Point Beach that works. Pant, Pant. I have never seen a bike that defied everything I know as a mechanic. I had to make motor mounts again three times! The idle pully don't line up on the frame, The muffler hit the frame, stuff like that. In 35 years of building motorcycles, bikes,cars,go carts I have never seen anything like this. Then I found out why. The frame is wrong! The frame had to be a reject! Lasers don't lie. It is almost 1 degree off center! I emailed Pacific and they said "have a nice day". ONE degree is within specs for them. They will sell me a new frame for 53.00 but will not guarantee it to be any closer. I am going to ride this bike till theres nothing left but the handlebars.
Schwinn buyers Beware! Just for spite I might paint it yellow. rotfl

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I came back for a second look...D*** that is cool. I have a freind who hates rat rods, he gives me **** everytime I stop at a car show to look at them but they grab me for some reason. Your bike does the same thing. It just has..."That Look" Great job, my man. If it's missing anything it would be a pack of Camels rolled up it its sleeve. That thing just has to invite attention wherever you go.
Tom
Easy Ridin'