4 stroke side mount

GoldenMotor.com

Bubba-1

Aug 12, 2011
Wisconsin
The crankcase would end up cracking or the bolt holes would strip out. A very bad idea. It looks like the have a 2-stroke exhaust pipe on it too. Why?

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
It looks strikingly to Staton's axle-mount kit.
Most people are ok with Staton's one, right?

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Well, Putting a motor on a bike always has tradeoffs. I wouldn't knock this design until I tried it.

Yea, the motor sticks out a bit. But still way less than the width of the handlebars.
It don't weigh a lot, and I'm sure that balance or clearance would not be much an issue for normal average commuting use once one gets a little saddle time with it.
One thing I do know for sure is that lil motor works good on a motorbike no matter how it's harnessed:~)

foundmydog

Oct 17, 2011
South Carolina, USA
It looks strikingly to Staton's axle-mount kit.
Most people are ok with Staton's one, right?
Same design, same flaws and drawbacks!

Staton is way over rated in my humble opinion!... bought two sprockets from him, and he shorted me one.... never informed me until after it arrived at my door.... took a week before he returned credit for the shorted item

foundmydog

Oct 17, 2011
South Carolina, USA
Well, Putting a motor on a bike always has tradeoffs. I wouldn't knock this design until I tried it.

Yea, the motor sticks out a bit. But still way less than the width of the handlebars.
It don't weigh a lot, and I'm sure that balance or clearance would not be much an issue for normal average commuting use once one gets a little saddle time with it.
One thing I do know for sure is that lil motor works good on a motorbike no matter how it's harnessed:~)

Not so sure about that.... with that gearbox and motor together it must reach out as far as the handlebar, or close to it!!!