new expansion chamber design

GoldenMotor.com

GSXR

Oct 31, 2011
Long beach california
The pipe came off a 49cc pocket bike so I added a five inch extension. I also made the second tip in the center of the pipe. Made a plug for the tips out off a wine cork works great.

Barnfresh

Sep 5, 2011
Nor-Cal
Nice design GXSR, have you thought about adding a forward bleed somewhere on the divergent cone? You're already getting great low torque from the center bleed and the top speed from the end bleed maybe a forward bleed will boost the mid-range torque resulting in the best of all 3 worlds. Just a thought.......

GSXR

Oct 31, 2011
Long beach california
Yes there's a big difference in the power band with the end bleed it's mostly at the top.
With the center bleed the power band covers all of the range.
I'm guessing that the motor is able to breath better with two tips and still getting the pipes supercharging effect.

GSXR

Oct 31, 2011
Long beach california
I think I'm going to keep it this way for now don't want to mess it up. You know if I mess
With it to much I might mess it up. I'm just going to wait for the DAX RT carb should be here in the next few days

Last edited:

GSXR

Oct 31, 2011
Long beach california
Mod list
*38t sprocket
*port match intake,exhaust and polish
*main jet swap 76mm a bit rich
*needle clip at top notch
*stock carb port and polish
*carb slide mod I have found that by taking a bit off entry face. It makes idle leaner adding to it makes it richer this really affects the throttle response it's the angle of the air going in.
*NGK iridium plug BPR6HIX
*upgrade spark plug wire from subs speaker wire 4 Gage copper core.
*throttle cable adjustment to be on the sweet spot
By the way 66cc slant head I have been able to recuperate all lost torque. From the sprocket change and seeing speed numbers of 36-38mph.

Last edited:

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
Banana pipes only deliver at top end, you don't need to compare.
interesting observation. I'm comparing a pocketbike 49cc expansion chamber with an sbp chamber currently. the engine isnt broken in yet so it may be kinda moot, but the longer, smaller pocket chamber seems to keep 'er popping more. "on the pipe" as one may say.
the SBP has a shorter headpipe, and it runs much richer with this pipe on it. . so much so that I believe jetting is mandatory with this larger diameter chamber, and perhaps will yield a larger HP output when jetted.
seems that the pocket chamber is a great "non'jet" mod. I am at sea level and on 3rd clip. here are photos pof the pipes (on different bikes) but i'm testing on the black bike

any thoughts or similar experience?

Attachments

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
Since no two engines perform quite the same, I think the only way to get a fair comparison of two different pipes would be with the same engine on the same bike. That's how I compared my 2 pipes. One has more low end, the other has much more top end.
TiM

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
Since no two engines perform quite the same, I think the only way to get a fair comparison of two different pipes would be with the same engine on the same bike. That's how I compared my 2 pipes. One has more low end, the other has much more top end.
TiM
Notice I wrote," pipes are
On different bikes, but I'm testing on the black one. "

The pictures are reference for the pipes pictographically. I am using the engine on the black bike to test both pipes.