Noob Question

GoldenMotor.com

chipper

Oct 22, 2011
Cali
hey building my first moto on a beach cruiser... Finally found someone that sent me a kit into cali but question is do you need a gasket for where the carb connects into the engine and if so i have to options in my kit a metal one that fits perfect and then a material type one that is slightly smaller and has room for movement? second question is my fuel filter was cracked to say the least, can i just grab a new one from napa auto parts that is similar but a little bigger or do i need the exact same one.....sorry if these are retarded questions. thanks for the help

crawler

Aug 5, 2011
Wichita, KS
hey building my first moto on a beach cruiser... Finally found someone that sent me a kit into cali but question is do you need a gasket for where the carb connects into the engine and if so i have to options in my kit a metal one that fits perfect and then a material type one that is slightly smaller and has room for movement? second question is my fuel filter was cracked to say the least, can i just grab a new one from napa auto parts that is similar but a little bigger or do i need the exact same one.....sorry if these are retarded questions. thanks for the help
The fiber one is for the carb, metal one for the exhaust, unless your kit is different from the one I have.

Fuel filter doesn't matter, as long as the diameter is right. I think they're all 1/4", but I could be wrong.