Latest news stand issue of Classic Bike magazine

GoldenMotor.com

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
I got the latest issue of C B (motorcycles) and there is a great article of a restored 1911 Indian race bike that was supposed to run in this years Isle of Man . Unfortunately they had so many problems with it it couldn't operate. Makes me glad that my replica 1911 can run daily without issues for a long time. Some times something breaks but it is a quick and cheap fix and this article just brought this home to me.

brett7777

Aug 19, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
this is the replica that we have in our central city area, at a place called Shed5. I go in there sometimes & have a coffee. they have a lot of vintage bikes on display there, & they build bobbers, cafes, & trackers.

Attachments

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
this is the replica that we have in our central city area, at a place called Shed5. I go in there sometimes & have a coffee. they have a lot of vintage bikes on display there, & they build bobbers, cafes, & trackers.
I would love to eat at THAT restaurant! Very cool. Yes, that was the picture of the bike that I was talking about. I'm sure it cost a small fortune and it beautiful and all, but my gosh, what a mechanical nightmare. I can't imagine spending house downpayment money on something that is that temperamental. I said it before and I'll say it again, if we took our bikes in a time machine back to the 1910's they would love what we run and want it for themselves.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Damn you guys have cool stuff in New Zealand...... why is it then so many of you Kiwis come here to live?????????????

I would eat there everday and take my tape measure :)

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
Oh yeah, my local Harley Dealer in Sacramento has a couple of restored Harley 10's bikes that I would like to ask the manager if I could take photos and measurements of. It's good to know dimensions.

brett7777

Aug 19, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
Damn you guys have cool stuff in New Zealand...... why is it then so many of you Kiwis come here to live?????????????

I would eat there everday and take my tape measure :)
Shed5 used to be a branch of your Australian company, Deus ex Machina. But the guy who owns Shed5 is into more varied stuff than Deus are. He got very rich at some stage & I think he runs the company more as a hobby than a business.

The Kiwis come to your country because the wage rates are a little higher & they think there's more work there.

I lived on the Gold Coast for 6 months once, but came back, I prefer it here in NZ.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Deus Ex Machina make some very nice bikes, overpriced but none the less beautiful bikes...........They do what ive always wanted to do and take Japanese bikes like Yamaha XS650's and make them look awesome.

brett7777

Aug 19, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
Yep when Shed5 were Deus they were thought of as very expensive. And as Shed5 they are still thought of as very expensive. Their Deus W650 bobbers are NZ24000. Bolt on hardtail, alloy tank, sprung seat, & some other stuff - a 9000 dollar bike becomes 24000 !
Billy Joel likes his tho.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Billy Joel has a Deus? I was just watching American Chopper last night and they built a bike for Billy Joel.... hes a big bike guy.

Id take a Deus over a OCC or Paul Jr Designs bike any day of the week though LOL