"you can polish a turd" project

GoldenMotor.com

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
i mentioned it in another thread.
this is a cns 1st gen. (i think)

i ground down & soldered in the venturi. where the tube from the bottom goes into the top.

there is still a little ripple on the inside. i will fix it later. it is just @ a hard angle w/o ripping up the rest of the venturi. it is 100x times smoother than having a hole & tube stick 3/4 of an inch into it.
then i will remove all the casting "dots" & polishing. probably more of a brushed finish. since the cast aluminium has tiny pits.

it will be a little bit before i can test it out since i am trying to make a fitting to be able to fit the filter i already have from my "speed" carb.
also i'm unemployed & don't have money for machinist drill bits to work on the needle.

i never needed the fuel enrichment "choke" when i was using it before. though after i tune it correctly i would think it should have a purpose. if not i will hack & solder that too.

any other mods i should try? this is my spare carb.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
i mentioned it in another thread.
this is a cns 1st gen. (i think)

i ground down & soldered in the venturi. where the tube from the bottom goes into the top.

there is still a little ripple on the inside. i will fix it later. it is just @ a hard angle w/o ripping up the rest of the venturi. it is 100x times smoother than having a hole & tube stick 3/4 of an inch into it.
then i will remove all the casting "dots" & polishing. probably more of a brushed finish. since the cast aluminium has tiny pits.

it will be a little bit before i can test it out since i am trying to make a fitting to be able to fit the filter i already have from my "speed" carb.
also i'm unemployed & don't have money for machinist drill bits to work on the needle.

i never needed the fuel enrichment "choke" when i was using it before. though after i tune it correctly i would think it should have a purpose. if not i will hack & solder that too.

any other mods i should try? this is my spare carb.
It could be made into a handy hand grenade :D If I weren't selling the one I have, I'd pack it with gunpowder, cap it and take it to a bombing range for detonation. A cns hand grenade......yesiree!

dnut