Check out my new exhaust

GoldenMotor.com

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
This is the Racing ProJet pipe from JNMotors. I had to do a little fabracating but look at the result- AWSOME.
I had a SBP black expansion chamber pipe which i could say was better than stock but this pipe smokes it.
I have more power, it looks sick and my bike now sounds like a motorcycle instead of a peashooter.
I just had to share.

Ride Hard..
Ride Safe...

Attachments

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
The first piece coming off the motor that came with the kit is u shaped. it was cut to the c shape and welded to the exhaust stub that attaches to the motor. also the piece of stainless that connects the header to the pipe was added. Everything was welded so its all one solid connection. there is absolutly no oil leakage and the exhaust is past the bike so no more dirty tire like i was getting with the other exhaust. YEAH!

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
The hub adapter is a Manic Mechanic adapter. The hub is the hd hub. the adapter was machined by MM to the hub diameter size. I have a single speed rear cog, there is a derailer to keep the chain tight but will be replaced as soon as it arrives with a single speed chain tensioner.

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
No your right. The reason i had to go to the MM (which i like better anyway) is the thread on gear was not even true, the gear was not round it had a lope and wobbled side to side. after 2-3 runs when i went to start the bike and popped the cluth it staight stipped the threads so the gear just spun on the hub. a guy at our local bike shop said when i had the hub put in the rim that it was a good solid hub. its just the gear and the adapter that screws it on is C**P. oh and another thing is i had gotten it from bicycle-engines.com and when i tried to get them to take care of it all i got was a big run around. call after call . i was never rude but the just sounded like they could care less and kept transfering me to voice mail messeging with no calls back. i finnaly gave up. they suck.

Tacomancini

Mar 18, 2010
Pittsburgh
Man I keep hearing that about the HD Hub. On the grubee site he mentions that the new version comes with american threads, vs. the chinese thread size that seems to have caused all sorts of issues with threading on the bike side freewheel or gear. I had assumed that was causing the complaints of wobble, at least for the pedal drive. But there's no excuse for the supplied engine drive mount to not thread properly. I guess its possible that bicycle-engines gave a chinese thread drive gear with the new american mount or vice versa, especially if they are shady. BlowByYou Terry Blow seems to have good luck with the HD hubs. I'm looking for a solution now, and was hoping that the HD hub problems were worked out and based on the threading mismatching. Staton makes a ver nice looking hub as well, but I can never get a price quote for one with a 36, 40, or 44 gearing. Price is a major driver here for me.

I know folks love the mm adapter, and sportcarpat's take looks good as well. I just wish there was a good all in one solution with less variables and unknowns.

Thanks for the info, and sorry to take your thread on a tangent. That pipe looks gorgeous.

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
i am glad to help and save a possible headache for someone. My beast advice is to go to the MM website and check out the requirements for the adapter. If your hub is within their parameters just go for it. I have perfect chain alignment it was easy to install and i have not had a problem ever since.
Hope this helps..
Ride On.......

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
with the 44 tooth sprocket i believe it tops out at 30 mph. before i milled the head and did the exhaust i had a 40 tooth and on flat land did 35mph but was a little lacking going up a pretty steep hill here. but now with the extra power this weekend im going to go back to the 40t. In my town town the highest speed limit is 40mph and thats only on one main road the rest are 35 and under.I ride out in the road doing the speed limit, ill be dammed if some idiot going to pinch me on the side of the road.
Anyway, it moves pretty good for a 58cc motor..

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
It sounds pretty good for 58cc as for power I think thats pretty powerful for an engine that size. Thats a really sweet bike rich.