my 1964 schwinn speedster build

GoldenMotor.com

radrob

May 2, 2009
Tacoma Washington
thanks for the kind words
got the throttle cable today took it for the maiden voyage . ran smooth. . waiting for the sissy bar so i can put the banana seat on it.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Ram handle bars, nice!

I remeber knee high with snow drifts in NYC 1964, some fun.

Anyway my build on a JC Penny Foremost is coming to completion.

The bike not the same quite, as the upper two bars are not in the same line, but the paint, handle bars, seat look the same before I got to tinkering and putting a 3HP Briggs on it.

Bicycle J. C. Pennys Foremost

I wish that maybe I could have left more of the frame to see, but it was free at the dumpster and is made of steel so the welds were easier than alloy to make an engine mount.

I have a red sparkle banana seat and tall handle bars that I'll tilt back so that I can reach without leaning forward too much.

I went to Fabers to get the handle bars, best I can remember like $7.00 real cheap. I had to shim with flattened sheets of steel to wrap to be able to tighten onto the fork attachment as the size was slightly smaller on the handle bars. This place not open all week except on Sat (see Yelp), not your usual shop either. For those in the area, maybe a phone call first to check. Everything up on racks they get what your spot or they find for you. All the stuff is out in the weather, so no your new and shiny stuff if it didn't weather good. The chrome on the handle bars though for what I got looked OK.

Faber's Cyclery - San Jose, CA

Let us know if you post somewhere movies of it going?

Measure Twice

Last edited: