Blue tracker

GoldenMotor.com

Daniel Alcala

May 13, 2011
CA
This is my board track racer buit by TAYLAR CYCLES.
I got together with Dan from TAYLAR CYCLES and talked about how I wanted the bike to look. I let him know that i wanted the bike to look like a real board track racer, and i could not be more happy with the turn out.
I just finished the paint, chrome, and the custome seat.

tomgndallas

Sep 19, 2010
Dallas, TX
if you could post some dimensions that would be awesome too, like height of the top bar and the wheelbase. i just emailed them and will give them a ring tomorrow as i found the number in a different forum. I was planning on chopping a worksman, just went and saw one local today...too small to be honest and I am not sure the HF engine will even fit. This frame looks like it has plenty of room. I took some measurements of the HF 6.5 GX200 clone today, it is about 7.5 inches in length, 14 inches in height and the width including the fly wheel, shaft end and pull cord thing is about 11.5.

tomgndallas

Sep 19, 2010
Dallas, TX
Starting speaking to Dan and we are going to commission a project. It will be something new to him as he has not done a harbor freight or honda clone GX200. He said your frame is a 9 inch stretch, what is the total wheelbase if you have a chance to measure it?

tomgndallas

Sep 19, 2010
Dallas, TX
So less than 50 inches?? Did you measure from the outside of each wheel or from the hubs? I dunno, my mountain bike is 66, so that seems short.

Daniel Alcala

May 13, 2011
CA
its 50 inches from the hubs. It felt short when i had the other seat from before it was painted but with this new seat it feels better because its mounted further back.

Kris Blake

Mar 7, 2011
Riverside, Ca
Daniel,
I have some pics of your bike in the "raw". I told Dan that I wanted my build with the same frame and tank as yours. I referred to it as "the 18 bike". My friend and I were right after you. There were some issues with the motors we were going to use (Morini) and Dan had to back out. A couple of days later he solved the issue and was back on course. My friend is still having his built by Dan but it's been a couple of months now.

I am having mine built by Oldschoolgarage in LA (Signal Hill) and in a week mine is a roller!
I am using a 30's Villier 150cc trials engine. I have cell phone pics, not sure if they'll look ok here. (I will try one with the motor mounted)
Your engine/frame is so nicely balanced and looks awesome! Wow! I loved the bike naked but boy did it clean up nicely.
I got so into these things that I just bought a motor and have located a ton of 1910-1920's items for my OWN build. It will be interesting but Im gonna do it.
My oldschoolgarage build will be done in about 3 weeks. Manni (Owner/Artist) is the absolute BEST. This guy LOVES his builds and has so much enthusiasm. He sends pics every step and is real easy to work with. He can also use nearly ANY motor. I found my own but he can find them for his customer too.
Congrats on your BTR, it looks BEAUTIFUL!

Attachments

Kris Blake

Mar 7, 2011
Riverside, Ca
if you could post some dimensions that would be awesome too, like height of the top bar and the wheelbase. i just emailed them and will give them a ring tomorrow as i found the number in a different forum. I was planning on chopping a worksman, just went and saw one local today...too small to be honest and I am not sure the HF engine will even fit. This frame looks like it has plenty of room. I took some measurements of the HF 6.5 GX200 clone today, it is about 7.5 inches in length, 14 inches in height and the width including the fly wheel, shaft end and pull cord thing is about 11.5.
Hello Bluetracker,
I am using a Worksman bike as my donor. The frame was stretched 6 inches. I can fit a Trans Am motor in it! :)
Seriously, the Worksman frames are the way to go, they are built TOUGH. Im using a 150cc with gearbox and there is a ton of room. Those GX200's arent that big and should be easy to mount in a good loop.
Kris

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Daniel, once again thats a beautiful bike, perfect. More pics would be nice!!!!

Kris cant wait to see your bike, oldschool garage turn out nice bike for sure. And you have a beautiful (big brother to my Villiers) motor there... keep us posted, do you have an updated build thread for it yet?