2.5 HP HF Performance Tips / Tricks

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
You're welcome. I don't know that it looks great, but it works. I don't see why you couldn't just drill a bunch of holes in the plastic cover and get the same effect.
SB
Like this one for one of my HS ? Strategically placed holes for that swiss cheese effect LOL.

Now it just needs the UNI high-flow green filter that AGK sells for both the HF and HS stock air boxes.

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
I did the Dan thing on mine, used a piece of hardware cloth or chicken wire as Dan called it for a cover. Don't look too good but works great like the rest of my bike.
Elmo (The heck with looks, service is what I want)

agk

Oct 2, 2010
Santa Barbara CA
The stock air filter boxes are pretty restrictive. It's neat to see the different approaches you guys are taking on opening them up. This is so fun! I love modifying these little engines for better performance.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I love the "Elmo way" Gets it done with no fuss. Really, look up his work. Simple and works. Well worth the read.

Elmo, I lost the pics of the hardware cloth cover. Post one?

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
After hearing how some guys with the 6.5hp greyhound are getting a stronger con rod after removing the governor, I'm worried. Will our 2.5's grenade a rod through the side? :oops:

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
I have 2000 miles on mine and have ran it 6000 rpm many times and it is running like new. The 2.5 seems to be very strong. I haven't heard of one that came apart.

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Yeah, I was wondering, I don't know if anyone has had a look inside the case, but I wonder if the rod is iron? That would change a lot.... Anyway, glad to hear it Elmo! Mine hasn't even been run yet, but will be soon enough :)

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
I have not been into mine but from the pictures others have posted it is aluminum. AFIK all small engines produced today use aluminum rods.