Don't Know If This Qualifies, But...

GoldenMotor.com

vhatley

Sep 1, 2010
Oklahoma City, Ok. 73118
I'm probably one of three people in the whole state of Oklahoma that knows anything about motorized bikes...but I'm workin on that, so if you are in Oklahoma and would like to talk, exchange ideas, or even ask for advice I am always available through here. But anyways now that that is over...my habit is that every spring I will do a build then ride it all summer and sell it just before Christmas to some lucky individual who happens to notice the bike. Here's my last build, sold to a guy who drinks too much to drive a car all the time so came back to me for crank repairs. Bike is still on the road, using the crank from the bike just behind it. Started out as a Huffy beach cruiser, lost the fenders and all the other sh**, clocked by a state boy next to the highway at 43 mph. Here's the link to my facebook...can't figure out how to add the pics here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=58073&id=100000576763520&l=788ce5b611

vhatley

Sep 1, 2010
Oklahoma City, Ok. 73118
nope, the bike started at around 35 or so, then i tuned and fixed the head, then i clocked it through a friendly police radar...39. kept tryin, and improvin but finally got another (not so friendly) to get me to pull over.

MaxPower

Jul 1, 2009
Sierra Vista AZ
I'm probably one of three people in the whole state of Oklahoma that knows anything about motorized bikes...but I'm workin on that, so if you are in Oklahoma and would like to talk, exchange ideas, or even ask for advice I am always available through here.
I think staton-inc.com is in Oklahoma.

vhatley

Sep 1, 2010
Oklahoma City, Ok. 73118
Wow, man, thanks. I have been looking and hadn't run across anyone sympathetic to the cause here...was thinking I was a loner. Most bike shops in Okc won't even talk to you about parts if they think it's for a motorized or e-bike. Thanks again. .shft. Now I've gotten this far, I can get her even better.

Edit: didn't notice before, but these guys are all friction drive...attractive to be sure, but so far I've kept it inside the frame. Don't know how I would act with the weight diff. But still plan on jammin them for a cylinder kit and NOS!

Last edited:

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
You might want to check staton Inc. out now. I live about 2 hours away and I can tell you without a doubt they have more than friction drive.