My first build

GoldenMotor.com

ratrod

Feb 7, 2011
Australia
Hello motobicycle doods

here's a pic of my first build took a couple of days to sort out and still sorting out little niggles here and there my coaster brake cones like to come loose when i stamp the backbrake??? anyone heard of this??
ive clocked 180ks on it so far and next step is to increase its stopping power, the coaster and pads dont cut it at top speed.
im thinking of disk front set up?

Attachments

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
Nice build, I like the red rims with whitewalls and the helmet is pretty sweet too I'm thinking about ordering one. Is that one from one of the taiwan vendors on ebay?

ruppster

Mar 3, 2010
maine
Nice build! The cheapo rear hub will give you trouble forever. Get a shimano coaster set up or do the disk like you said and still get a quality rear hub. Pirate sells a workman set reasonable.

ratrod

Feb 7, 2011
Australia
Cheers ruppster
I'm looking into a HD hub and brake setup at the moment....i was at the stores and i think i might buy a mountain bike and use the disk and shock parts off that its almost cheaper to do with lots of spares......

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
That's a really nice bike! SO SHINY :D It should be put in the rat rod section though it also is a cruiser. My suggestion is, since I really like the fenders, is that you take them off, drill out the rivets, and then get allen bolts, locktite, and l brackets, and make really heavy-duty mounts for them. It is SOOO dangerous at speed to lose a fender. Excellent build though :)

ratrod

Feb 7, 2011
Australia
Haa thanks for the shiney comments Ls614!!! I have already lost the rear guard at top speed
that's why I chopped it the bolt came loose and the tyre pulled the guard under the wheel
I thought I had siezed the motor but was relieved it was only the guard!!!!
I now check all bolts and screws regularly.

Last edited:

ratrod

Feb 7, 2011
Australia
Very nice build! I got a problem with the coaster brake too, I already solve it in the #26 post, http://motorbicycling.com/f41/another-newbie-first-build-27222-3.html
but coaster brakes still not enough for MB's. Pads brakes are not for me, since I painted my rims, I'll go with drum brakes.

Enjoy and ride safe.

Thanks aquileus for the link the info is great I have a better understanding on what to do next. Yeah I don't want to strip the red rim paint