New motorized bicycle article- honors fairracing 31

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Re: New MB article- honors fairracing 31

WOW :eek:

This was a bit of a shock this morning :D

Thank You G Witt that is awesome (^) I love how you added a little AZ history.

I only wish I had taken my camera and gotten some pics of the ride.

Most people don't know how beautiful Arizona can be. Most think its a dry and brown place with only cactus. But some years we get enough rain where the wild flowers really bloom. It can be a very beautiful sight

Thank You for the article....it was great :D

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona

nice way to get the word out :)
I have travelled/lived all over North America, and the desert is the place I love best :)

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona

That is a quite nice article and honors given you. Arizona is as beautiful place as any other I have lived. I have been a few places. I hope to ride my bike a few more places.

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest

Congratulations Fairracing, way to go.

Perhaps some of the rest of us could replicate some rides on motorized bicycles. After all the Harley folks have done well with organizing theirs. Ohio BMV back in the mid 1980's published "Ohio's Blue Highways" for motorcycle touring. ("blue highways" on a map are secondary roads. Ohio state employees nominated the most scenic summer time roads for the project back then) People would get that comic book sized booklet back then to plan a ride in the most scenic parts of Ohio.

Recently I was watching this one fellow's UTube video of his rear motor belt driven bicycle and listened to his account of seeing America for $10 dollars a day. He went on to explain how he traveled from northern Alabama to Denver for $12 dollars worth of fuel. Most of his $10 a day he said was for food. He said he had built nearly 40 such bikes for his neighbors as well. I see large groups of Harley riders touring around here and they have a travel van with a trailer as a chase vehicle so if any break down they can pick them up and let them ride in the travel van. The same could be easily done with motorbikes.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas

Congrats on the motorized bicycle article. I like the way they got motorbicycling.com in there.................

UncleKudzu

May 26, 2008
Deep in the American South

Recently I was watching this one fellow's UTube video of his rear motor belt driven bicycle and listened to his account of seeing America for $10 dollars a day. He went on to explain how he traveled from northern Alabama to Denver for $12 dollars worth of fuel. Most of his $10 a day he said was for food. He said he had built nearly 40 such bikes for his neighbors as well. I see large groups of Harley riders touring around here and they have a travel van with a trailer as a chase vehicle so if any break down they can pick them up and let them ride in the travel van. The same could be easily done with motorbikes.
i think that's bamabikeguy, who posts in this forum fairly regularly. i can't imagine him with a chase vehicle, though.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO

With how frequently my MB fails, I'd be scared to take a long trip. Sure would be fun though (not the breaking down part, the trip)

Gwitt

Jul 4, 2008

WOW :eek:

This was a bit of a shock this morning :D

Thank You G Witt that is awesome (^) I love how you added a little AZ history.

I only wish I had taken my camera and gotten some pics of the ride.

Most people don't know how beautiful Arizona can be. Most think its a dry and brown place with only cactus. But some years we get enough rain where the wild flowers really bloom. It can be a very beautiful sight

Thank You for the article....it was great :D
Hey thanks, I am pleased you liked it. I really liked it when you wrote it, as well. It sprung memories of how beautiful America really is-and that is in my vehicle- I imiage by motorized bicycles its even more of a blast, taking the time to smell the roses, so to speak.

There are truly some great stories on this site and I plan to write some more about the adventures.

The article Route 79 Arizona: The Springtime Ride got rejected three times. I wrote the other article "Top 10 Sites for Motorbicycles" and at the last minute I deceided to try submiting the article again. I cut it down some 400 words and changed the name from The Springtime Ride- Route 79 Arizona. Lo and behold they accepted it even though the orginal I believe was better.

Maybe they had a hard time distinguising between if it was about motorbicycles or a western. I may have overdid the Old West part of it in the first edition.

I am a big Old West buff.

You all do great work and I hope I honor you. Some of the post are simply awesome...