Board Track Build

GoldenMotor.com

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Thanks Bill.
Most of my bikes are black or black and red. The reason being, black is easy to touch up when it gets scratched. Red and black, because it is easy to find those colors in gas and oil resistant paint, at almost any auto parts outlet.

very nice !!!
I like the color scheme :)

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Took her out on a shake down run. Float sticks, and master link on chainring failed. However was able to ride home under power and the bike rode well!
I am supprised how spunky this little stock 50cc engine is.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Nice looking bike !!!! Im going black and red on mine too...they just look good. Looks like your just missing the truss rods on the forks.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Nope no truss rods on this model.

Straightened out the carb problem and chainring problem. Went for a long cruise and people just seem to love the boardtack style. I like the ones that look worn and beaten best but that's not my style. I will put the boardtrack handlebars on for photos and and car shows. However for just cruising I will use these h-bars.
I chose this frame because I liked the spring fork, now it is what I like least about the bike.

I have lowered the seat until it just touches the tank and fender(feels better & looks better). Still have to put the ROLLFAST head badge and decals on and the bike will be complete(IF THEY EVER REALLY ARE).

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Corgi1,
I finally ended up using a 3/4" emt bender. I had to take a half round file to open it up slightly. I would liked to have been able to get a tighter radius. I knew that it would be a lot of trial and error build so I ruled out having bent in a shop. The tubing is 1" with .058 wall.

Many people had reccomendations on how to bend it. However being a retired electrician I fell back on what I'm used to doing.

blckwlfny1

Jul 14, 2010
new york
Thanks Russell
Didn't get any parts yet. But that doesn't make me any less serious. :). B/c I'm not a welder, I didn't want to commit the $$$ in an irreversible direction that would land me in a corner. This evening, ill get take some measurements of my existing worksman frame and use a mock up of the motor 2 c what I need ...maybe come up with a little drawing on graph paper too. Will that help?
-John