Back the the future

GoldenMotor.com

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
I would think a 25 cc would be good w/the right gearing to go 10-15 mph,a shift kit would be good for it,but kind-of like a loaded tractor trailer

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
It did really well on the flat and on the moderate short hill along my test track. The problem came on the long slow grade. The engine bogged down and I couldn't help it enough to keep it pulling. I also couldn't lift it from the tire easily so it just went into 'Kill Bill mode'. A few more cc's and a bike with gears on the wheel, It was on my bmx type test bike. I think a centrifugal clutch would have saved the engine. It isn't frozen but it turns really hard now unlike before.

Hey I had a week's worth of problem solving so it was great fun. Everything else I have can be used in some other project so nothing was really lost on it. I have used those carbs on other small engines so I will find a use for the parts. Mostly I got a chance to evaluate the gas engine after having been into the Ebike frame of mind. It's one thing to say the 2 cycle engine is noisy and smelly. It's quite a different thing to experience it. It is one thing to say that gasoline give you more power per once than a battery, but it is something else to feel that. So yeah it was worth it.

Last edited: