first crash

GoldenMotor.com

lunchbox

Aug 30, 2010
san clemente
got hit by a car today i was going left and he tryed to go around me im fine my bike is fine the dude stopped got out of his car yelled its your fault and speed off i messed his car pretty bad though still dont understand why he took off

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Beacause if you were in the travle lane making a left turn even on a bike and he went into the oposing lane to pass you,especially at a intersection he was the one breaking the law you cannot passin an intersection,if this was the case he yelled to through you on a guilt trip and left the seane of an accident he caused

lunchbox

Aug 30, 2010
san clemente
it was on a 2 lane street one lane in each direction and he did pass on the wrong side of the road it was stupied i uses arm signal like 30 feet up to the turn

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
tsk tsk... be safe out there, the roads may be safe, but it's the other motorists that makes it more dangerous than any racetrack... Glad nothing serious happened...

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
I do believe it is. I don't know for sure cuz I'm color blind, so I cant drive a vehicle. So I take the trolley to work, and get my family to take me everywhere else. When I do get my bike all ready I'm going to see if it'll hold up for riding around town. If it ain't I'll probably get a friction drive. They should have it in the manuel. They shouldn't take it out since its necessary for those who drive vehicles to be able to tell what direction the biker is going.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Colorblind, and "legally blind" even though i can see fine for everyday things. I even drive car around to the other carport whenever needed. I honestly think I could drive. I'd fail the eye test though. Only problem I have is with seeing anything at distance, i.e. I cant see what a speed limit sign says from 30-40 ft away. I can see the stoplights better at night than during the day. I see the colors on the warning signs and caution signs better at night. Its pretty neat, cuz when I iron my clothes, I can see the wrinkles better with the light off. :) My cones and rods in my eyes never developed. Same with my brother. Hes 3 years older than me. I'm going on 20 this year, hes 22,23. He has a little bit better vision than me. I've got like 20/200 vision. It can only get worse too. Nothing that can fix it. They say take your vitamins. Vitamins won't stop it, but it'll slow it down.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Ive played alittle frisbee with friends, and my coordination would get a bit better. Most of the time when it was thrown to me. I grab it and it would bounce off my hand, and few times I'd be able to recover it before it hit the ground. I've rode my bike lots(before I got it motorized). Even with it motorized, I've only test drove it, making a few mods for it, I can ride on the side of the road and come up to a stop sign or light just fine. Even crossing streets is pretty easy, except with all the idiots that don't notice your standing there at the light and when it say for u to walk, they decide to turn. I've come within feet of being hit cuz they don't pay attention to pedestrians. We've had kids from 3 grade all the way up to 30 get hit, and most of the time its fatal. Down here in the panhandle of FL, there are wayyyyyyyyy too many people running redlights. Everyday I see someone doing it. Its rampant. Their aren't enough po po to cover every intersection. They have cameras at some intersections. but...yeah. Im going to do most of my speeding up in southport/sunnyhills. Going to find a decent road that doesn't have any traffic and let her rip.My bike goes about 25-30. Probably 40+ if i adust it a bilt.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
I'm going to do everything possible to avoid crashing in to anything, or taking a spill. My family doesn't agree with the "motorized bicycle thing". They think it'll be the death of me. I just want to try something new. It sounds fun, even if its a little daring. I know not to do anything foolish with anything that has speed. You respect it, it'll respect u. lol You take care of it, and most of the time it'll bring u thru just fine. Definitely going to use a motorcycle helmet, so i can keep my face in good condition for the ladies. lol