Ratrodboardtracker?

GoldenMotor.com

Blackhog01

Jul 10, 2010
Kansas,Chetopa
Think i got the pic thing figured out so ill put some of mine up. Dont kno how you guys would classify this one. Has kind of a hot rod boardtrack ratrod vibe goin on . Old Schwinn not sure of year was a frame and seat when i got it. A freebie by the way so was the snowblower engine a tecumseh two stroke. Gunna be belt drive. Its in the mock up stage right now. have a long way to go. Have no access to a welder right now have a freind gunna let me use his next week hopefully.Tanks off a small suzuki dirt bike i painted and aged. Headlight off an old tractor Toying with the idea of using a suicide clutch lever was gonna use brake lever but couldnt get enough travel. I kno its not the same level of builds as you guys so take it easy on me lol!:-||.duh.

Attachments

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Thats KOOL I like the small bober fender maybe one on the front?
Looks like a 3hp briggs? Are the pedals going to clear?

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I like what ya got goin' on there man, defo rockin' the old school (^) As for "not the same level of build" thing ya mentioned - I'm afraid I'm gonna hafta disagree w/ya there. Motorizing some old bicycle & makin' it look "right" is a blend of style & function, dependent only on taste & resources so there's no "levels" to speak of, each unique onto itself & jus' as awesome as the next! :D

Heck - yer obv a DIYer, that gets extra "groovy points" in my book lol ;)

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
I have one of these engines,If on were to take the flywheel cover and run it open like the china girls. Would it still stay cool?

Blackhog01

Jul 10, 2010
Kansas,Chetopa
Picked up a 110 volt mig welder today got tired of tryin to find someone who would do the welding for me.got some flux core wire and realized when i got home the welder had a smaller tip than the .30 wire i bought cant buy n e thing in tis one horse town so i guess ill b making a 30 mile trip on the bike in the morn Hope to get some welding done on it toworrow Thanx to everyone for the compliments and encouragement means a lot coming from u guys curtis fox i been wondering the same thing about the shroud would rather hav it off i know they need it for cooling because yhey are mostly used stationary but if your riding it wouldnt the airflow be suffecient to cool it? may try it when i get it roadworthy i have a temp gun to ck it with hope i dont get kicked off here for it but wasnt planning to run peddles on it.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
hope i dont get kicked off here for it but wasnt planning to run peddles on it.
NO PEDALS?!?! OMG you heathen *shakes fist*

Naw man - it's all good (^) We don't worry 'bout such things here, but sometimes pedals are required by law for a "power assisted bicycle" & ya might wanna look into that if ya care *shrug*

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Check your state laws Most states requier them to run on streets. I think Sick Bike Parts sells a longer crank set up would that make a diferance?

Blackhog01

Jul 10, 2010
Kansas,Chetopa
Well got some more done on the wreck been having trouble with our computer so wasnt able to post sooner . got the tensioner figured out i think dont kno how it will work but guna try it. used an old hurst floor shifter for the lever got the tank mounted and the engine mount welded up.not shown in pics but i mounted a center stand i think came off a moped. I know the exhaust is probably not guna work out due to the angle and also no backpressure but it sure looks cool. Kinda reminds me of that christmas song left nuts roasting on an open fire. lol zpt

Attachments

dash

May 30, 2010
phoenix
that's cool looking ! did u weld the sheave to the rim? looks like a bike rim you used,what kind of belt are you using? i am planing on a similar set up on the next build, but not sure how and what to use.

Blackhog01

Jul 10, 2010
Kansas,Chetopa
thanks ! yes its two rims welded together got the idea from some plans i got off the internet. The belt is a lawn mower belt. Tryin to remember where i found the plans. If i find them again will post them on here

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
thanks ! yes its two rims welded together got the idea from some plans i got off the internet. The belt is a lawn mower belt. Tryin to remember where i found the plans. If i find them again will post them on here
Gass bike .net has the plans. I would download them if I knew how,but don't. Is there some kind of baffle in the exaust?

Blackhog01

Jul 10, 2010
Kansas,Chetopa
no theres not any baffle in the exhaust it came off a clinton chainsaw looks as if there was a screen over the end of it at one time but has burned out. Didnt really think i could really use it my son stuck it on there and we thought it was cool. Idont kno if the screen gave it backpressure the chainsaw was 2 stroke? was thinking i could cut it and angle it down some but an experienced aluminum welder told me that since it was cast that there was to many impurities to be able to weld it. Im working on a belt gaurd for it now

Last edited:

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
That is KOOOL maybe you could bolt it to a pip extension? maybe that wouldn;t look so cool I think they were used in chain saw competsion before tunners came out

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Pretty neat build. I love seeing what people come up with who can think out of the box. So many clever people here on this forum, and you're one of them...
SB

Blackhog01

Jul 10, 2010
Kansas,Chetopa
.duh.Well took the maiden voyage on the deathtrap yesterday Im sorry for not posting pics and stuff while i was building but between my computer contracting a redirect virus not allowing me to load pics and my inability to stop fiddling with the bike long enuf to even take pictures. Runs pretty gud need to change to a smaller pulley so its easier to take off. and need to get the brakes working better i think the cheap wal mart cable is stretching more than pulling. rode around quite a bit today got lights working and pretty much rode it the rest of the day heres some pics.:-||

Attachments