rise and fall, brit bike(hurcules)

GoldenMotor.com

JPutnam

May 6, 2010
SLC Utah
I put together my first bike awhile ago(3months) and rode it around and it was a blast. I found an old hurcules british bike. threw the kit on and then was offered 3 times the cash I had put into it. so I sold it.

here are some pictures.

not very good pictures. but all i have.

well the kid rode it around for a few months. and I started building a frame for another bike.

the other night the kid was cruising at around 35mph(he said) and the tab holding the front fender on broke off, he said he knew it was breaking but put off removing or fixing it. Well the fender caught the front tire and locked it up. and destroyed the front wheel and bent the fork. the kid flew over the handle bars but luckily for him the ground was there to catch him. but somehow the tricky little devil(ground) got into his shoulder and cut his collar bone into two. .bf.

here is a picture of the bike after.

well he gave me the bike back and we are looking for a bike that fits him alittle better. with a more comfortable ride. to put another engine on.

so Im going to fix this bike and finish making it into a tracker. i.e. move seat down and back and make a better looking tank.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Only three things you can do (before bad things happen): NO front fender (best plan), beef up fender bracket with much thicker steel, or watch it like a hawk - every ride.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
As the body collapses into the ground one turns there head a impact the jaw bone gets the collar bone every time. Done it when I was young. I hope he's recovering well. That thing looks like something from a While E Coyote cartoon.