Install problems

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mopedamauter79

Mar 31, 2008
Ottawa
Yes you can buy higher grade studs. Or you can buy a complete hardware kit from SBP which includes upgraded studs.
No offence but I don't like the idea of buying studs from a company that tries to charge $16 for low grade studs ? How do I know these "grade 5" bolts are really grade 5 quality.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
No offence but I don't like the idea of buying studs from a company that tries to charge $16 for low grade studs ? How do I know these "grade 5" bolts are really grade 5 quality.

First of all we are talking about engine mounting studs, correct? Our kits are $9.95. For ALL the hardware. And these are not "low grade". We buy the hardware from quality companies and we look at the certifications.

Now our cylinder stud kits are $15.95, but these are a different part and are grade 8 equivalent.

If you can source these to length with all the hardware for less, then go for it.

Also, just because a stud or bolt has a higher number does NOT mean it's a "better" fastener.

Mopedamauter79

Mar 31, 2008
Ottawa
First of all we are talking about engine mounting studs, correct? Our kits are $9.95. For ALL the hardware. And these are not "low grade". We buy the hardware from quality companies and we look at the certifications.

Now our cylinder stud kits are $15.95, but these are a different part and are grade 8 equivalent.

If you can source these to length with all the hardware for less, then go for it.

Also, just because a stud or bolt has a higher number does NOT mean it's a "better" fastener.
Yah I see now it was a kit I was looking at but the bolts in the pic don't look to hot either..You can see a slight curve to them..They shouldn't have a curve. The grade 5 quality kit. How much stronger are they then I'm guessing the grade 8 quality I have.

The kit

Last edited:

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Yah I see now it was a kit I was looking at but the bolts in the pic don't look to hot either..You can see a slight curve to them..They shouldn't have a curve. The grade 5 quality kit. How much stronger are they then I'm guessing the grade 8 quality I have.

The kit
Trust me. There is No curve in those.......it's either a camera/photo or monitor effect.

If you have Grade 8 hardware, then you shouldn't need to replace it.
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=3692

Status
Not open for further replies.