First build in progress

GoldenMotor.com

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
This is what im workin' w/ so far. I tried to straighten out the drive chain so that It was straight back and not facing towards the spokes. Im suck on the rear sprocket and bending the coaster break arm.
I want to use the dust cover to but how should I cut it?

scratg

Attachments

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I take it you got the mount figured out? The motor looks pretty straight to me from the pics.

I just trim the dust cover to fit, some just get rid of it but I figure something is better then nothing.

http://motorbicycling.com/f30/coaster-brake-dust-cap-mod-1841.html

What problems are you having with the break arm? It just takes a little bend to clear the mounting bolts on the sprocket. You could also go with some Flat head bolts on the sprocket to give a little more clearance for the brake arm but not necessary if you bend the arm enough. You basically want to bend the brake arm in kinda of like a "Z". That way it is easier to attach the arm to the chain stay.

I will post some pics for ya in a minute, need 2 find them and re-size

Last edited:

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
Yeah im pretty sure I got the motor straight.

I dont have the sprocket bolted down yet and just by placing the break arm to where it needs to be to connect to the hub, it looks like a tight fit. Maybe if I tighten the sprocket it will give me a lil more room to work w/.(do you know what im talking about?)

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Yeah im pretty sure I got the motor straight.

I dont have the sprocket bolted down yet and just by placing the break arm to where it needs to be to connect to the hub, it looks like a tight fit. Maybe if I tighten the sprocket it will give me a lil more room to work w/.(do you know what im talking about?)
Yes, you need to have the sprocket completely bolted and tightened down before trying to install the brake arm.