How fast is your Schwinn OCC

GoldenMotor.com

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
im not sure,i put in a liter of gas at a time with a mix of 16:1.
im going to go to 20:1 after breakin. i have a 48cc dualstart starfire gt2 grubee from gasbike.net. i have a 26" roadmaster mountainbike with a 44t sprocket.
my cruising speed is 20-25mph and i had it up to 32mph.i even went up some hills but mainly flat ground with a lot of stop and go.i replaced my carb(i broke a tab on it)with a stock carb with new black airfilter and a polished intake.but i had great gas mileage before replacing anything.i have a black cat muff. i use regular gas and regular cheap 2 stroke oil.
and im getting 200mpg.
i cant check my sparkplug,id have to take the engine off to change plug(its that tight of a fit).

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I have road against the Sandia Mountains in high altitude. At 250 pounds with the equivalent of two 30 packs of BudW on the handle bars multiple bagged. Went up to 35 mph in these conditions up hill. The direct hit is not my only mod. Everything done together makes this take shape match porting etc. The little one lunger needs to breath I improvised used layers of trimmed panty hose for a air filter. It was easy and darned cheap! Keep playing with it , it will come!Your plug looked like your oiling good keep watching it. Every brand of oil differs check this out http://motorbicycling.com/f30/motorized-bicycle-engine-oil-2-cycle-305.html A great read on the subject! As for the crazy thing on the DH you will get more power on take off It fills the gap for weaker spark at Idle. The CH gets a hotter spark the faster it turns the hotter the spark The magneto saturates with more voltage. Heres a great example and a cool light.. http://motorbicycling.com/f3/normans-light-review-7388.html When the rpms are higher the light is brighter.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Try turning the motor over by hand with the spark plug grounded to the head. Do it with the DH and with out the amount of extra bright spark you will notice will blow your mind. Theres is a huge difference. The DH Is not intended for a resister plug !