New Motor Siezed??? Plz Help

GoldenMotor.com

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
brake fluid will eat off the paint and so will a paint stripper called zip strip. B-12 carb cleaner will also eat some paint.

HseLoMein

Oct 30, 2008
Boston, MA
Ok just an update for everyone. I got a new BLACK motor sent to me from boygofast and it turns out that this motor is painted on the inside of the cylinder as well. I am positive its a new motor and not the same one I sent back because it has considerably less paint on the inside and wasnt all scratched up like the one i sent back. I recomend that no one buys a BLACK painted motor. I got the piston to move down to bottom dead center. If you keep the piston below the paint line it moves fine. I am going to go get something to remove the paint tomorrow. I am thinking probably a soft wire wheel. I dont want to use anything too hard that would mess the cylinder up. Anyone have any ideas better than a wire wheel? Here are some pictures of the mess.

-Will

P.S.: Dont buy a black motor...

Moral of this story is dont buy a black painted motor from BoyGoFast, I purchased one from BikeBerry.com and i took it apart to use as a parts motor. There is no paint where it should not be.

Willyam911

Mar 8, 2009
Houston, Tx
I ended up using some Extreme Goo Gone to get the paint out of the cylinder. It took like 20 minutes, a rag, and a few q-tips but i got it all out. I got the bike running like a charm now and have had no problems with it so far. Runs strong and idles fine after warming up. Heres a pic of the finished beast =p

-Will

Attachments

hot rodder

Jan 23, 2009
Hayden ID.
Sorry to here you had problems with BGF I purchase 3 black and one silver 80cc kits from him and installed the silver one and 2 black have had know problems with any of them