The book update

GoldenMotor.com

comfortableshoes

Jul 22, 2008
Beverly, MA USA
this is an important thread- you've made instructions that anyone with a few tools can use to make a motored bike- what's not more important than that!?!

I will stumble this when I'm home.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I think most of us here in the diy section have made mounts that anyone could replicate with a few tools and be on a motor bike that day. I just happened to take mine a step further and make it accessible. No big deal

comfortableshoes

Jul 22, 2008
Beverly, MA USA
Deacon, directions are huge for some people. We're here on the forum because we hae ideas, we like DIY, we think outside the box, but what of some of those box tinkers who wouldn't have thought to do this, or saw a video and wanted to do it but didn't know where to start? You have given them the toe hold to start, the directions and EDUCATION they need to give them confidence to try this. That is something right there. It's awesome.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Well there are a few true things there. I saw those vids and they left me with questions not answers. It is a lot like the directions in a china bike kit. Worse than nothing at all.

anyway it's done now. Lenny is doing the proofing for me. Poor guy had to pay for the privilege. I should return his money.

Thanks Lenny if you read this I did fix the spelling. I think page 21 explains about the length of the rails. If it isn't clear to you it won't be to anyone else. I might just re shoot it and change the pictures since the rails are correct on the mount now. They were just wrong at during the build.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I have to thank you again Lenny that was a nice feedback you left me. I hope it was honest and not just being nice to an old man lol....

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
I try to be nice and honest and not say everything I think, but what is helpful. As you all see me post some here I figure I make that about half of the time. Other times carelessness, fatigue and emotions rule my words.
I really do like the spirit of what you have done with this book. I believe we need more win / win situations built into our dealings with each other. Yours is a piece of work that promotes that feeling in me, so I like being involved with ya. I work 12 hour days when I work and travel 45 or more minutes each way so the work days wear me out. I may get the rest read soon.