My Schwinn PBC 4 stroke

GoldenMotor.com

Jetenginethrust

Oct 14, 2008
San Antonio,Texas
Pic of clutch I bypassed.Has centrifugal clutch & freewheel so cable operated clutch not needed.Eliminates family and friends that ride it possibly engaging clutch with throttle opened too far & shearing off woodruff key.Just pulled out cable & installed a cable stop on the end of shortened cable liner.

Attachments

Jetenginethrust

Oct 14, 2008
San Antonio,Texas
Pic of the L/H side of the engine. I used a thin bead of black RTV to seal the gearbox & used transmission fluid to lube gears & bearings.Clutch slips a little but I consider it a better trade off to have gears permanently lubed instead of continually removing gearbox cover to add grease that gets slinged off from centrifugal force.My only concern is the clutch material mixing with the lube oil during operation prematurely wearing out the gearbox bearings .A better version in the future gearboxes would be to have the clutch sealed off from the rest of the gears to prevent this from happening.

Attachments

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Yeah they are fun. I'd eventually like to do a in-frame 4-stroke, but I just had to buy a new 2-stroke motor, so it'll be a while.