First couple builds

GoldenMotor.com

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
I figured I would attach a couple pictures of my first two builds. I didn't get very creative with them just used a couple new cruiser bikes.
I just got started on the winter build. Now that I am recently retired I can finally build parts for myself, instead of making them for customers. Going to get real creative with the winter build. The only thing I will be using from the China kit is the engine, everything else will be fabricated and machined in my shop.Mostly 6061 polished Aluminum, or stainless.

Attachments

UncleKudzu

May 26, 2008
Deep in the American South
nice! i love seeing what you really skilled guys come up with.

i like those small fenders on the Schwinn. are you gonna leave the derailler off of it? i've got that same bike in pieces at the moment.

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
nice! i love seeing what you really skilled guys come up with.

i like those small fenders on the Schwinn. are you gonna leave the derailler off of it? i've got that same bike in pieces at the moment.
Yes, I am going to just use it as a single speed. I built it for my wife to ride, and she said she didn;t want to hassel with shifting gears. Guess she had a 10 speed many years ago that the chain kept coming off, probably a junk derailer, back in the day.
Thanks for the kind words.
John