CNS carbureter

GoldenMotor.com

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
i never got it to work right it just flooded the engine and killed it i didnt think that the V2 and V3 EPA carb was good in general.
i like the NT for its simple working and the fact that it has a manual choke on the side.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
The CNS carb - does the fuel enrichment jet (choke) help much with cold starts? I have not yet fitted a cable to my carb and was wondering if it is worth the trouble.
The answer is yes, the enrichener works very well. Most people don't need it though. Idle mixture is good too. The problem is, that's all you get with a CNS carb.

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
Yes, the enrichment jet is very effective at richening the mix, will definitely help if you have a tough time with a cold start. If you don't have any cold start issues, however, I wouldn't bother hooking it up.
I connected my enrichment jet to the shift lever for the front dérailleur (cause I never used it to shift gears after the motor went on the bike). I really like that setup because it allows me to use my thumb to hold in the lever and richen the mix when needed, and when I let go it snaps back to closed (if I don't push it far enough to latch) When warm the bike doesn't like to idle with the enrichment jet open, which also works good with my setup, cause I can kill the motor (at idle) by pushing enrichment lever. I was able to eliminate the kill switch since this method works really well, I just kill the motor with the choke now.