Want your ideas and tip's please...

GoldenMotor.com

Rapidrob

Aug 3, 2012
Albuquerque
I have a 1960's Schwinn Knucklehead Boulevard Cruiser that I want to place an engine on. I would like to keep the bike as stock as possible if practical to do so.
With the various options out there, 2 or 4 stroke engines could be used.
I live in the mountains and I put in a 7-Speed rear hub to try and keep the lines of this old tank of a bike.
I know questions like this have been asked a thousand times and I do thank you for your time to reply with your ideas for this bike.
Here is what I have to work with:

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
That is a really nice bike to start out with!
I vote for a 4 stroke, a rear mounted fuel tank, and I think (I may be wrong here) that Sgt Howard might make a custom rear sprocket mount to clamp onto the rear hub.
I don't know what the diameter of a Shimano 7 speed hub is or if a standard sprocket bolt pattern would be drilled on a large enough circle.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
That is a really nice bike to start out with!
I vote for a 4 stroke, a rear mounted fuel tank, and I think (I may be wrong here) that Sgt Howard might make a custom rear sprocket mount to clamp onto the rear hub.
I don't know what the diameter of a Shimano 7 speed hub is or if a standard sprocket bolt pattern would be drilled on a large enough circle.
You could do a 4 stroke Sick bike Parts shift kit and only
need one drive chain.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I don't know if the Shimano 7 speed geared hub can take the power of a shift kit, so I chose to suggest a safe alternative.
If the hub can take the power, I totally agree with you, MBR. Your suggestion would be way better!

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I don't know if the Shimano 7 speed geared hub can take the power of a shift kit, so I chose to suggest a safe alternative.
If the hub can take the power, I totally agree with you, MBR. Your suggestion would be way better!
Yeah, I don't know if that Shimano can handle engine power or has the right ratios.

The Sgt Howard mount is only for a CB 110 coaster brake and I don't
think anyone makes a sprocket adapter for such a big hub now.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I thought that Sgt Howard could or would make one in a custom size?
The limiting factor would be if the sprocket would still fit over a hub with a larger diameter.

The EZM kit is sold through dealers only.
You can use their dealer locator to find one that is closest to whee you live.
It's on the left side, third choice down.
http://www.ezmotorbike.com/

I run an EZM and I am very happy with it!