Single speed rear rim question

GoldenMotor.com

GSX

Jun 15, 2012
Ray Brook
Hey everyone.

New to the forum, but not new to motorized bicycles(had one some years ago). Im going to be going back to school this fall and i need to build one of ebay 80cc kits on a huffy cranbrook. I have a suzuki katana, but you can't park it in a bike rack, and therefore has no real value for me around campus. Im pretty well set on the beach cruiser style, just like the looks and feel. My problem is the way the drive sprocket is held together by flimsy pieces or metal and rubber that come stock. If i was on a mountain bike, id solve the problem by buying a disc brake rear rim and installing the sprocket in place of the brake rotor. The cranbrook does not have disc brakes and i can not find a single speed 26 rim with a disc brake, unless im looking at dropping $200 which is out of question. My question is, has anyone come up with a better way to mount the drive sprocket on a beach cruser, if anyone knows a vendor or anyone for that matter that has come up with a solution. Also, i see the "pre-manufactured" beach crusers and they have exactly what im looking for, but i have not been able to find any rear rims in their parts sections. Any help would be greatly appreciated dnut

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Pretty sure this model works for a cranbrook.
Get a 40 tooth sprocket while you are at it unless you
have a lot of hills to deal with.

http://www.mmbikeparts.com/sprocket_adapter.htm

http://www.mmbikeparts.com/order.htm

Hey everyone.

New to the forum, but not new to motorized bicycles(had one some years ago). Im going to be going back to school this fall and i need to build one of ebay 80cc kits on a huffy cranbrook. I have a suzuki katana, but you can't park it in a bike rack, and therefore has no real value for me around campus. Im pretty well set on the beach cruiser style, just like the looks and feel. My problem is the way the drive sprocket is held together by flimsy pieces or metal and rubber that come stock. If i was on a mountain bike, id solve the problem by buying a disc brake rear rim and installing the sprocket in place of the brake rotor. The cranbrook does not have disc brakes and i can not find a single speed 26 rim with a disc brake, unless im looking at dropping $200 which is out of question. My question is, has anyone come up with a better way to mount the drive sprocket on a beach cruser, if anyone knows a vendor or anyone for that matter that has come up with a solution. Also, i see the "pre-manufactured" beach crusers and they have exactly what im looking for, but i have not been able to find any rear rims in their parts sections. Any help would be greatly appreciated