Unknown vintage reproduction identity

GoldenMotor.com

Dagwood

Aug 4, 2011
ilinois
Anybody Know what a B-50 is?...It is a vintage looking thing..white GEAX tires on it, a GX100 Honda running a belt to a jackshaft thru the pedal crank hole and a chain to the rear on a huge rear sprocket..probably 100 teeth or so. I saw it in OshKosh at the Airventure last week.

Dagwood

Aug 4, 2011
ilinois
This had a GX100 Honda running a belt to a jackshaft thru the pedal crank hole, with a centrifugal clutch on the right side of the jackshaft..chain to a very large..probably 100 tooth rear sprocket. Very professional..good looking machine. Model B-50 Anybody know where it comes from?

Attachments

Last edited:

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
I did an Internet search and found nothing. Probably an Individuals personal project from a decade ago. Looks nice. I've not seen a rear chain ring that large configured like a belt drive. I don't think you can buy them that large unless custom built, right? I'm guessing the maker was a machinist or tool and die maker.

Dagwood

Aug 4, 2011
ilinois
Yes..I tried to count the rear sprocket teeth from the pic...hard..but around 100 on that big ole sprocket. The jackshaft thru the crankset hole is neat...belt drive on the other side. very compact.