Ratrodboardtracker?

GoldenMotor.com

FlyingJerkel

Aug 18, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
I really like the feel of this bike. Great ingenuity! I can relate to the not taking/posting picture thing. I get working and stopping to take pictures is the last thing on my mind.

Justin

Blackhog01

Jul 10, 2010
Kansas,Chetopa
thanks justin! still a lot of things needed done but like most everyone on here will tell you they are never really done. kinda wondering if i posted in the right section probably more of a rat rod or maybe the DIY section? anyway guess they will move it if they see fit. Yeah wish i could write and post pics like silverbear or Bairdco and the others cause i know i really enjoy reading theirs

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Man, that thing is way cool. It's got "the look". Nice belt engagement mechanism. You coulda put a belt clutch and made it easier to ride, but I bet it wouldn't be as much fun. Is it loud? How fast do you figure it goes? I really like the home builts. Keep up the good work.

Blackhog01

Jul 10, 2010
Kansas,Chetopa
yeah its pretty loud but so is my sportster lol! think my neighbors are used to it. LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES!!!!! Seems pretty fast to fast for the brakes the way they are now. guessin 30 ish was guna use a centrifigal clutch but saw a shaw motorbike that was set up with a belt drive and lever engagement and thought it was cool found the ol hurst shifter in my junk and liked it.

Blackhog01

Jul 10, 2010
Kansas,Chetopa
thanks sb it goes pretty gud switching to a smaller engine pulley so the take off will be better. was using another build as a reference as to what size pulley to use an then realized they were using a 26" sheave and a 2 and a half inch engine pulley and my sheave is a 24" but it got me in the ballpark. Working on finding another 24" rim to try and lace a drum brake into. Anyway sure diggin your schwinn build hope it goes ok for you.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Picked up a 110 volt mig welder today got tired of tryin to find someone who would do the welding for me.got some flux core wire and realized when i got home the welder had a smaller tip than the .30 wire i bought cant buy n e thing in tis one horse town so i guess ill b making a 30 mile trip on the bike in the morn Hope to get some welding done on it toworrow Thanx to everyone for the compliments and encouragement means a lot coming from u guys curtis fox i been wondering the same thing about the shroud would rather hav it off i know they need it for cooling because yhey are mostly used stationary but if your riding it wouldnt the airflow be suffecient to cool it? may try it when i get it roadworthy i have a temp gun to ck it with hope i dont get kicked off here for it but wasnt planning to run peddles on it.
Have you read the (DIY home built) another B&S bike. He runs without shrouds and seems to for years. So for me off with the shrouds, turn the fins off and be just like the old days motors...Curt

Blackhog01

Jul 10, 2010
Kansas,Chetopa
yeah curtis ive read,drooled ,stared at all of his builds they are awesome. Kinda got me wantin to try a briggs on my hawthorne. Gunna be a tight fit still in planning and dreaming stages.Hey were you the one who was gonna do the shaw bike clone? remember someone talking about that but couldnt remember who.Man i love the pic of the Alba thanx!

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Yes I am. Hopefully this winter later to get on it. So far i have a Raleigh frame put older schwinn crome 3 speed 26" wheels.Older Monark style fork. Had to cut up two to make it long enough top tube. Next is to shorten the rear seatstays or move the rear brake mount down. Then will build the big rear wheel pully. I will jump back and fourth between the two......Curt

Blackhog01

Jul 10, 2010
Kansas,Chetopa
Thanx rebel no hadent thought about selling it been havin to much fun riding it!!! As far as welding skills its not that hard to learn im sure you could do it. Theres a lot of cheap mig welders out there . Once you get one and start welding you will wonder how you ever got along without it.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Yes and one thing that makes it easy is there is a chart with it you just look up the metal thickness and set the heat and speed by the chart,and weld away.