Another boardie from the Gilroy factory...

GoldenMotor.com

itchybird

Nov 4, 2009
SF Bay Area.
I just started a build thread of my latest creation over on the Morini side of the board, but since my build is a boardie, I thought you all might want to take a peek at it as well.

So hop on over to the other side and have a look:

http://motorbicycling.com/f47/i-got-case-blues-28533.html

Many of you have seen earlier photo's of the bike in it's raw, unpainted form, but it's amazing what a fresh coat of paint can do. Hope you all like it as much as I do.

Rich

itchybird

Nov 4, 2009
SF Bay Area.
Thanks Bill.

I posted some additional pictures of the completed bike so you all can see how the final project came together. The bike is back on the road and is running well. I'll do some final tuning, and I plan to add some stripes and lettering to the tank, but the bike is essentially done.

itchybird

Nov 4, 2009
SF Bay Area.
Here are some fresh photo's of my latest build.

I really liked the color I chose for the build, but it just didn't have that 'finished' looked that I was after, so I added some color to the tank and the bike suddenly has a whole new vibe.

Some before and after shots.

Attachments

itchybird

Nov 4, 2009
SF Bay Area.
...and one more, this shot shows the bike from the front.

You can see the vintage Schwinn springer front end, and a pair of Pat's boardie bars to finish off the bike. The bike really captures the 'boardie' look.

Attachments

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
That is one awesome ride. Just for future reference: don't ever let me ride your bike - you would not see it again for some time. At least not until I got the silly grin off my face. :)

itchybird

Nov 4, 2009
SF Bay Area.
Just for future reference: don't ever let me ride your bike - you would not see it again for some time
Well if you ride like I do, you'd only get about 50 miles before you run out of gas, and the grins fade fast if you have to pedal home! So I know you'd come home soon enough looking for a refill.

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
Do you mean these bars? You get them through Sportsman Flyer.

Boardie Bars by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

Rich,
Here are some bigger pictures.

Couple of Racers by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

Close up of the tank graphics. Now Rich wants matching graphics for the oil tank/tool box and the arrow head shaped stickers for the forks.

SPORTSMAN RACER PROTOTYPE by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr
i'D BE WILLING TO HAND PAINT/PINSTIPE PARTS FOR YOU...TRADE MAYBE?
REALLY LOVE THE WORK YOU'RE DOING BROTHER!
I JUST WANNA COME LIVE IN YER GARAGE AND PLAY WITH BIKES ALL DAY.... POSSIBLE? NO, BUT WHAT A DAYDREAM!!!