Alumiweld

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I saw this on some ones trailer thread, (Forgive me, I forget who's) But "Alumniweld" is just rods that you heat aluminum or pot metal with and sort of weld. I didn't think it would be much good but am pleasantly surprised. Not that I would build a bike frame with it but is great for minor things and holes. Maybe it could, I dunno. Just thought I'd share. Was 14 bucks and came with 10 rods. Web site says 8 rods. Super easy to learn and is more like brazing.
Search results for: 'Alumiweld'

Attachments

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Good find,might ask lowe's or depo,even the tractor supply for rods,It's been around forever

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
harbor freight carrys it. i use it for some stuff, but nothing i'd put a load on, the trick is cleaning the surfaces with a stainless steel brush. if it's not clean, it won't stick. and only use that brush for aluminum. if you use it for anything else, it gets contaminated.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Thing of it is with that stuff is the bigger the piece you have to fix the hotter the torch you're going to need. Didn't work worth a darn to patch some pinholes in an aluminum boat. laff

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Was just reading a thread in another forum about that Kev. (I was researching the stuff) Was bummed to see. Wanted to try just that. Alum boat repair. The contributer said the boat acted like a giant heat sink and no way it could work.

Might try doing a tank though. Just a simple one. In any event, good thing to have in the tool box and am still on first stick.