Whizzer

GoldenMotor.com

Big Joe

Jan 6, 2008
Decatur Al
I found there is a Whizzer dealer here and is only about a mile from home. I went there to day just to look at them. The last time I saw a real Whizzer "live" was about 62 years ago. I am now 67. If I knew I could ride it without falling and getting hurt I would buy one. They cost a lot of money but at my age I can now afford it if I really wanted one. I believe they have to be licensed , don't they? That would be a drawback. I think I am going to buy a bicycle to see if i can still ride. If I can after some practice, I may "motorize" it. From what i've seen of bikes, most of them have 14 gauge spokes. I am not sure they are strong enough for me (320 lbs). Are there places that sell heaver gauge wheels or would I have to have the rims respoked for 12 gauge? I guess I am just venting my frustations because I really want to ride.

PS I sure wish I knew how to use the spell checker. I installed (at least the computer said it was downloaded) I just can't seem to find the correction button to click.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Joe- Sounds like you're on the right track....bike first, motorize it, maybe a Whizzer after. I will tell you the motorized bike is pretty light and easy to ride, very nearly like a regular un-motorized bike.

I think you have to licence a Whizzer, but there also may be requirements in your state for the motor assisted bike or motorized bicycle. Motorizing a bike you already bought to see how riding goes makes huge finacial sense.

12 gauge spokes I can't really help you with other than to say "yeah, you probably should".

Big Joe

Jan 6, 2008
Decatur Al
Joe
Thanks for the reply. There is a member of the other from (bamabikeguy) that builds and sells motor assisted bikes that lives about 40 miles from here. He says there are no laws in Alabama that addresses the MAB. He likes the rack mounts from Golden Eagle bike Engines. I ride the Worksman PAV 3 with i very large seat. (peddle Power). I need a large seat as I have had prostate cancer, radiation and surgery. This leaves me with a handicap as I can not stand much pressure in this area. I read all the posts and and check the forum several times per day. Keep up the replies and enjoy yourself while you able. Thanks.
Joe

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
To be perfectly honest I think Bikes and motor bikes have done more for my health than all the doctors I have ever seen. Nothing like a new interest to stop me from thinking about myself. Not only have I fooled them, but the quality of my life has gotten better to be honest.

Now don't get me wrong, the first bike i tried threw me right dead on my butt. I had huge strawberry scape on one knee and my shoulder hit the neighbors chimney. Darn things still hurts when it rains, but I stayed with it and my balance improved a thousand percent. Not only that but I actually have a hugely better outlook on life.

I'm even thinking of taking my tax rebate and going into the weed eater bike business. Of course I will have to find a new place to live as my wife will throw my butt and my clothes on the curb.

I lost 65 pounds last summer from biking mostly. Well that and eating like they told me to over forty years ago. I also have to have a big seat but it's for the balance thing. I need to feel stable or I am all over the place.

Give it a shot, like you said at our age we don't have much else that turns us on lol....

Last edited:

bamabikeguy

Jun 28, 2008
Holly Pond, AL
picasaweb.google.com
I was doing a google search, this thread was how I found this new forum...

Technically, the Whizzers are (I think) 127-128 cc, and the "technical" way they are getting away with non-registration is the lack of a transmission.

One of my customers has 2 Whizzers, a Kawasaki 1000 and a GEBE system, which is the one he uses for his health, he's putting the Whizzers up as a future collectors item, they are the deluxe ones that go for around $2,200.

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi the current model Whizzers, 1998-2004 wc-1's are 138cc displacement. 2004 late production to present, still 138cc, 1.95 hp.

Single speed, no gears or shifting.

Under 30mph on level ground.

Under 2hp, with the magic portion, a piece of necessity......PEDALS!!!!!

AND an American Heratage.

just a couple of points to ponder.

Mike