tension on throttle

GoldenMotor.com

ssorden

Aug 20, 2009
Des Moines, IA
I installed my throttle, correctly from what all the instructions out there have been telling me, and I can move the handle a little bit, not as much as i would think, but still there is no tension. I would think there would need to be tension for it it work, but I am at a loss. What should I do??

PS. It is a standard 80cc 2 stroke kit.

ssorden

Aug 20, 2009
Des Moines, IA
the cable is on the throttle, i took it out for my first ride yesterday, and it seemed like the throttle was stuck open a little bit because it just kept going even though i wasnt giving it any gas. it actually broke the chain and twisted it up, luckily i noticed before any damage was done to my motor. i called duane at thatsdax and he said that it was because my masterlink was not properly installed. I am ordering a new chain, does anyone have any tips that could prevent what happened from happening again??

mick29

Jun 8, 2009
Salisbury East
A friend of mine had the same problem he had unscrewed the top of the carby to adjust the mixture and didnt screw the top part of the carby back on straight CROSS THREADED and the throttle was jamed open Check its screwed all the way down thanks mick29