Need a objective pricing opnion

GoldenMotor.com

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
I want to start a new build, but just have too many good bikes now. I have six good bikes and want to build another; BUT SOME HAVE TO GO to finance & make room for the new build.
However having a love affair with most of my bikes; I am unable to put an objective price on them. So that is why I am looking for outside opinon of realistic pricing. I intend to post them on Craigslist.

1: The 24" blue roadster has a Lawn Boy 2 cycle engine with a custom variable ratio drive and runs like a rocket. (Has won several shows) Thinking $850

2: The 26" lightweight with a two cylinder engine runs fine but is my least favorite build. Thinking $800

3: The BTR with the side car is just a super running build & is a crowd pleaser.
Thinking ????

An honest opinion will not get under my skin as I am looking for an honest price.

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Russ,
We all know your quality work and attention to detail. Personally I think you're pricing too low but if you need to sell I can understand that too.
Good luck and keep us informed on the next build.

Tom

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Given materials, time and expertise of your builds, I would suggest a retail price of $1,000 a piece.

A new scooter starts at 2K and doesn't have half the character or stage presentation.

I honestly think that might be under priced. We as a group are a frugal bunch but think your bikes are well worth that, if not more. That and you'rs are one of a kind(s)

Would try craigslist an' see if ya get any bites.

Had a $600 offer in West Hartford for a wally world point beach with a china girl.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
I love that Marathon, but there is no way I would buy it. For any price.

I'd be too scared of cutting my leg to shreds on that flywheel.

The hack will be a tough sell, how many people want hacks?

Craig's List won't be any fun, the answer is always "your price is too high"

Your stuff is gorgeous though, I pity the abuse you are about to put yourself through.

Good luck!

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Mike,
I have experienced the CRAIGSLIST PAIN in the past. I had to sell a few bikes only to make room for these builds. However I was fortunate and got my asking price. I just don't want to get into shipping bikes.
Worse come to worse, I'll take them to a few car/cycle shows . People have tried to buy them there but I just wasn't ready to part with any. When they would ask I'd just give them my standard reply "You can't sell your children".
Guess a few of the kids will have to go now!

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
I got your message, thanks. Thought I might have been too tough.

Yeah, if you take your time you will get a fair value. Fair value being the buyer don't have to buy and the seller don't have to sell.

Easily worth a grand each. Good luck & happy trails - :)

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I'd start at $2k and deal to $1500 or so. Your stuff is WAY too cool to let go that cheap unless Grandma needs a kidney or some emergency.
Just my opinion.

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
Car shows are a great place to find a buyer. I sold a 4 stroke Silver State build to a guy with 4 vintage motorcycles - he is afraid to ride the $30k machines, but wanted the vintage look. Cash, and he rode it away. His wife gave me the stinkeye though.

Best of luck, i will be thinning the herd again too. Building sort of takes over for me.