Need A Side Mirror

GoldenMotor.com

Nova Prospekt

Jul 6, 2012
Canada
Hey, I need a side mirror for my bike, but I need one that doesn't shake and is stable and doesn't move down cause of the vibrations. Does anybody know where I can get one like that, or if I can make one myself and what materials to use for it.

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
Yes, those are it... They're decent, but when you get going, and vibrations start, you really can't see very well out of them.

So, get them if you need to make you street legal. But, they're not the best. Also, you can see slightly, as in the cars behind you a little bit...

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
I used a Third Eye bar-end mirror for almost a year. Worked excellent in all conditions, but a tad bit small.
http://www.amazon.com/Third-Eye-Bar-Bicycle-Mirror/dp/B001600YZ4

When I changed my bars to a set with less rise, I couldn't see out of it anymore due to my big ol paws being in the way. On went 2 of these:
www.amazon.com/Cateye-1900080-BM-300G-Road-Mirror/dp/B000P1Q170/

That Cateye road mirror does the job great, but it's susceptible to moving when you fight nasty headwinds while traveling over ~25MPH.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If you're lucky enough to have a motorcycle salvage yard near you check on what's available there. I use a 7/8" shaft collar to make a handlebar mount then weld a 10mm nut to the collar. Most motorcycle mirror shafts are 10mm. I don't have any vibration issues and my mirrors give me a clear view of what's sneaking up on me.

Tom