ok... now what

GoldenMotor.com

FrankTate

Oct 12, 2008
Charlotte NC
I recieved an email fro a guy from another forum who said if your carb is crooked just raise the throttle pin. So moved it up a notch... now it runs like crap and I think I smell something funny....

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Maybe you shouldn't listen to advice from the other forum?! there should be no reason you can't return your throttle pin back to where it was before the emailed advice.
Were you having problems with your engine?

Last edited:

FrankTate

Oct 12, 2008
Charlotte NC
I guess not I am having some vbration issues... but am still in the run in period... I feel like giving up on this thing. Yes, it is a lot of fun but.... I have to losen the rear motor mount to move the carb and in the process of returning the pin to its original position... the rear mount broke right in half... piece of cheap chinese garbage... I just wanted to have some fun :(

In the future I will only take advice from this forum... seems to be the only place where everybody knows what the **** they are talkin about.

jerseykat1

read this forum and ask plenty of questions before performing any modifications to your motor kit, unless you Know what your doing 100% without question.

I just went through **** because of something stupid that i did during a modification, but ultimately made my motor bike better, and more enjoyable.

when you see the police kill the motor and pedal, if they are driving just pedal and slow down a bit.

if its a bolt that broke don't stress you can get replacement bolts locally for less than a dollar, just take it with you to a good auto parts store (pepboys, autozone, advance auto parts dont count as good, should be a place that supply the local repair shops they will have more knowledge of what your asking for) and tell them you want grade 6 or better to replace it.

if its the aluminum spacer, than you will have to get creative and make something better and more reliable (what i would do) or go to ebay and search for boygofast he sells replacement parts fairly cheap.

Last edited:

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
I have a couple of the Chinese two-stroke angines, and they are buzzy little engines. You won't get away from the vibration too much. I'm afraid the plexiglass mount might ultimately fail due to the vibration.
The steel ones on my bikes have lasted for quite a while without problems. I broke the original cast ones right off the bat while tightening them. Dax has unbreakable steel mounts available: Page Title
To help dampen the vibration you may also want to take a piece of old innertube and wrap it around the frame where you clamp the mount.

jerseykat1

This is a bullet proof window I had left over from a bank install... 8 times stronger than steel... lol :) Took about 1 hour what do you think? (^)
looks good. i think is should be pretty solid as long as you keep the bolt tight. have you replaced the mount bolts with high grade bolts yet? i have not done so yet but i will be shopping around for some high grade steel bolts tomorrow.