starfire GT-3

GoldenMotor.com

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
havent got it yet,description said its a starfire gt3,dont know for sure if its real deal or not ,last one listed ,won for 155 in last second bid, 100 persent good feedback from other buyers,guess ill find out in week or two. cant tell from pic in listing,pic looked generic,trusted seller based on feedback, but its buyer beware on sleesbay,lol

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
too late to change my mind already won and paid,cant tell from his pic in listing can only go by description and by past feedback.if its not a starfire no big deal, i was going to buy another motor anyway,and didnt pay anymore then if i bought from bgf,but i will use the info you gave me to check it out when i get it.7-14 days shipping.thanks

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
i dont know i saw it on ebay description said starfire gt-3 so i snaged it,is it the real deal wont know till i get it. prob just another motor,you know ebay buyer beware.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
i dont know i saw it on ebay description said starfire gt-3 so i snaged it,is it the real deal wont know till i get it. prob just another motor,you know ebay buyer beware.
Starfire GT 3 is a 55 cc motor and must be old stock by now
as they haven't been imported for quite a while.
They weren't very common but they are very good motors.

here is what the kit should look like.

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
got the motor today. starfire gt3 on box, motor says gt2ho, serial no 009,believe it to be 55cc, silver tank and chain gaurd, silver motor with black cylinder jug and silver straight plug head, fitted on my schwinn good other then crank needs1/8 inch to clear motor. no prob as i intend on installing it on one of the occ's i have in the garage.

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
ok i have run into lil snag,chain on these starfire's are small,gear on motor wont hold the 410 chain and the sprocket adapter i have wont hold the small chain,chain is reg bike chain.now my question will all the drive sprokets ive seen for sale work or will i need one specificly for the starfire?

recon chris

Apr 28, 2011
pacific grove
IDK man that G3 is so old i don't know if the new stuff is compatible. best bet would be just to go to Gasbikes.net or something (any sight will work I’m not trying to advertize for someone) and get the right drive sprocket and see if it fits over the G3 clutch shaft and woodruff key it should be around $16 or something, or you can give me the inside dimensions of the drive sprocket that you currently have on there and ill tell you if that is the same size that is on the G5. Which I know you can buy replacement drive sprockets for.

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
sproket swap went well on motor,now need sprocket adapter to fit occ.got the one advertised from pirate cycles that was meant to fit my hub but dont.its too big.got the 20" rear rim occ,24" front.hope to hear back from them sent e-mail possing question why, but havent heard back yet.ill mount motor this weekend on one of my occ's.

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
up and running,mounted on occ ,exhaust and mount from barry,36t sprocket and adapter from pirate cycles.usig 16-1 oil mix 89 octane for break in. runs great, the looks i get riding are priceless, will ask $700 take no less then $600