Gremlin Bells

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Many of my bikes have those brass bells... some have brass balls! laff

The way I know the story is that the bell is supposed to be brass; It's supposed to be mounted on the bike as close to the ground as possible; it MUST be given as a gift to work well & the ringing drives the road gremlins crazy to where they fall off the bike! (or stay away from it in the first place.) ;)

Last edited:

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona
thats very interesting I have not had many gremlin problems with my bikes knock on wood but i wouldnt mind puttng something like this on my bikes.

John the Chimp

Jun 4, 2011
Simi valley ca
This started out as a hells angels thing. Not the bikers but the pilots in ww1. They put them on their planes to keep the gremlins off.
When they came home from the war they started the Hells Angel's bike club as a way to keep in touch.They transffered their bells to their bikes and the rest is superstition history.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
thats very interesting I have not had many gremlin problems with my bikes knock on wood but i wouldnt mind puttng something like this on my bikes.
Cracked me up Toxic. Knocking on wood to wake the spirits sleeping in the trees to safe guard us from the evil road gremlins.

On merchant ships, you would never set a microwave oven to an even number, always odd. If you ignore this, you get some weather for sure!

(I made that up and only one crew believed me but look at the winter we had here in the North East (U.S.) this last one. Coincidence? I don't think so!)

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I think someone has to give you the bell for it to have any power. You can't buy a bell.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
:)

I had a small brass bell hanging from my lower triple tree on my old hog.
No reason, just did it.
It was a 'found' bell. Not bought, or a gift.

It was on there long enough to take the chrome off from dangling.
The bike always ran exceptionally well.
No gremlins.

Except, when I tried a tillitson on it for a while.
The magic was not powerful enough to overcome that nightmare!
Got my best performance with a kehin.
rc