Denver area riders

GoldenMotor.com

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
To all mb riders around the Denver metro area, I'm looking to get a group of riders together for a start of spring cruise. I'm thinking early April sometime, in and around the downtown area. Chime in and let me know what you think.
.we. .crt. r.ly.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Keep me informed. Do you have a plan or a route in mind?

I wonder how we would be received in Golden for the Super Cruise. The first one is the first Saturday in May. I'm not sure how the Golden cops would like us.
Tom

Last edited:

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Keep me informed. Do you have a plan or a route in mind?

I wonder how we would be received in Golden for the Super Cruise. The first one is the first Saturday in May. I'm not sure how the Golden cops would like us.
Tom
That would be a nice plan, but like you said I don't think Golden would appreciate us very much. I was thinking about meeting at the Conoco at Auraria Campus. As far as a planned route I have not come up with one yet.

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
That would be a nice plan, but like you said I don't think Golden would appreciate us very much. I was thinking about meeting at the Conoco at Auraria Campus. As far as a planned route I have not come up with one yet.
probably a better idea to do it in denver....cop etc wise.....

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
post office is still confused about my motor mount..... but i did pick up a chromoly khs and did it up...rode it about 20miles today....took the skyhawk carb off and put the stock one on, after some fiddling i got everything working and can now decently pull a hill with little to no pedal help (i dont mind been racing for yrs) things are looking good lets see what the weather does....so crazy this time of yr .wee.

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
Ive found some pretty fun routes around town and such, maybe we can get something together somewhere soon? .....side not occ project is up for sale...no motor but it does have a brand new barry mount on it....

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
havent planned out a route specifcally....what kind of put do you guys wanna do? like milage hills city...not so city...if i can get some feedback ide be happy to draw up a couple routes......

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Just let us know where and when. Hills, flats, city...whatever. Just make it a warm weather day. I'm sick of wearing arctic gear to ride my bikes. Give it a month and maybe we'll see some real spring temperatures for a change.
Tom

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
Just let us know where and when. Hills, flats, city...whatever. Just make it a warm weather day. I'm sick of wearing arctic gear to ride my bikes. Give it a month and maybe we'll see some real spring temperatures for a change.
Tom

oh beleive me i understand....ben riding my mb to work...about 15m round trip but its through upper lakewood/wheatridge....took about 45 minutes for my hands to not hurt from my frozen arthritic paws .xx.

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Yeah as Tom had mentioned, thinking about a mid-April for a ride. A mixture of hills and flats in and around the city is a good idea. We need to decide on a "Meet and greet" location. I was thinking about meeting at the Pepsi Center parking-lot or the museum side of City park. If we got riders coming from all over; then a central meeting point would be a good idea. Routes can be determined when we agree on a place to meet.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Let's keep an eye on the weather and see how it pans out. Spring can be iffy. I'll check in on the weather channel as the time apporaches and see what they say.
Anyone have a Farmer's Almanac?
Weekend? Weekday? I'm retired so it doesn't make me no nevermind. Whenever is good for you guys.

I haven't come up with a bike carrier yet so I might have to drain my tank and lay the bike on its side in my pickup. Downtown Denver is a bit of a hike for me down here close to Chatfield.
That's something to keep in mind when selecting a meeting place. I'd bet there will be several of us who'll truck in and we'll need a safe/good place to park and leave our vehicles. I'm pretty sure Drewd isn't planning on riding up from the Springs. But, I could be wrong. :)
Tom

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Okay, I'm there.
I'm in the middle of my carrier build. Picked up the steel yesterday and started cutting/drilling. Need to drag out the MIG today and zip some parts together.

I hope everyone else is good with that date. Guys?
Tom