Buzzard Beginning

GoldenMotor.com

Buzzard

Jul 9, 2008
Lincoln, NE
Hi from buzzard in Nebraska I am retired, 71,Diesel Indusrial Mechanic, I am no stranger to retrofitting bikes. I am new to motorized bikes. I have seen posts on Happy Times Motors both gppd amd bad according to price and uality. I would not purchase an engiine or motor that was not balanced or didn't have a pressurized lubricating system, With gas prices as they are, my purchase will be a 4 cycle motor.

Time and Experience Escalates to Perfection.

Enjoy the Ride! buzzard

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
Welcome Buzzard, I'm new here myself.

I'm amazed at the men of experience that are showing up here now. I actually thought it would be pre teens predominately. I've had the dream that long but never got to motorize a bike for myself back then. Wound up buying used small motor cycles and taking the economic way out back then out of necessity. So by early fourties, I'm going to make up for some lost time now and recapture
some of my boyhood.

We'll probably need to have a topic on how we handle the young boys in the neighborhood who go crackers when they see us on these motor bikes. (and possibly listen to their mom's lecture us not to infect their boy with any ideas
about his getting one ;)

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Welcome to the Riquimbili forum. Lots of motorized bicycle enthusiasts here. Glad you joined. Lots of us old buzzards here..........................

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
:D LOL "The Raquimbilli Forum" But ya know Ilikeabikea, you may be right cause if we don't...someone else will.

Perhaps we should have a Raquimbili group here for those who actually have built home spun motorbikes like those "Cuban Raquimbili" suicide machines.
Cause when I get this Tas kit project finished....I'm considering building one of those things just for schitz'n'giggles.

Something to think about.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
I'm building a boardtrack racer now. It will have Pablo's jackshaft kit on it and a some of it will be made with conduit. It should qualify as Raquimbili. It should be a real death machine......................:D

Buzzard

Jul 9, 2008
Lincoln, NE
Glad to read that I'm not the only old buzzard flying around here,
With many Grandkids, I am making sure their bkes are good riding condition and know how to repair some problems and know and follow all the safety precautions.
Looks like the Wizzer is making a come back, and the motor kits are getting better all the time.

Time and Experience Escalates to Perfection

ti

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
:D LOL "The Raquimbilli Forum" But ya know Ilikeabikea, you may be right cause if we don't...someone else will.

Perhaps we should have a Raquimbili group here for those who actually have built home spun motorbikes like those "Cuban Raquimbili" suicide machines.
Cause when I get this Tas kit project finished....I'm considering building one of those things just for schitz'n'giggles.

Something to think about.
I'm voting for deacon as "Mayor of Raquimbiliville"...

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
Yeah, can you imagine a Jimmy Buffet song knockoff......"Wrenchin away in
Raqimbiliville" ?

I've been thinking (dangerous business that) that we outta consider pronouncing
that word "Raquimbili" like bikers would say it around pool halls

Rackem-Billy

As if Billy is the Rack man to set up the table. That way at least the connection with bikers, pool shooters, and the "street" in general could wrap their brain around a word that would otherwise make their knees wobble. The inflection would be on the first portion of the word, barked as a command, and sound like a raw growl. Yes I think most of the world could take to that like a duck to water. Even the most high holly of the Harley set could learn to say it. With any luck someone will stencil an Apple logo on a Raquimbili and Jobs & Wozniak will show up on the things for their promotions to plug their new iPhones.

Yeah.....viral marketing ! This ain't no foolin around ()

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
IIRC the word raquimbili is pronounced ricki-in-bili and means 'not a motorcycle, not a bicycle'.
now I don't understand how they get that pronunciation from that spelling,but then it's not my first language either so it's not like I would know how to pronounce most of the language lol

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
I like "rack 'em billy" or "rick-im-billy" They just sound fun :)

Welcome to the forums buzzard. I'm one of the few youngsters around here. (lol, I can't believe I just called myself a youngster at 24)