Fred C's lastest video, thought's and opinions?

GoldenMotor.com

ProMcCown

Mar 21, 2012
California
I've been following Fred's videos for a while now. Enjoying his riding videos of him testing out his various set ups and new parts. Last night I watched his most recent video. He basically states that he is no longer going to make videos on the streets and only make videos on a track, because he feels that his videos may lead to street racing because his parts and set ups are for more of an off road use due to the high speeds they reach (he said about 50-60MPH). My question to you all is, how do you feel about this? Do you think videos and parts like these will lead to "street" racing? I feel like he made this decision clearly on a safety stand point. He doesn't want people watching his videos and going "I can do that" and end getting into accidents and injuring/killing themselves. Do I think street racing can rise from motorbicycling? I'm not entirely sure, I think motorbikes are more of a track/circuit platform more than a straight line street dragster. Anywho below is his video. Let me know what you all think!

http://youtu.be/meN7W_izHfw

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
In this day of suing people for your own stupidity, Fred is wise in taking this approach to his Vids.
Will it stop people using highly modified motors on the street?
I doubt it!
We do have to be aware that if we are not careful, they will crack down on these things.
And although I have a bike that is capable of +50 MPH, I do not draw attention to my self by using it in Public.
Infact I keep all my bikes as far away from other road users as practical.
As a survivor of a nasty motorcycle accident in my youth, I try to stay as sensible as I can on my bikes as I have a good Idea of the consequences.
I spend a lot more time building my bikes than I do actually using them,
Any one who has built a 'Hot rod' will understand,
To me its a form of art.
And an inexpensive fun hobby.
Not a means to get about, but more a way of honing my skills and having some fun.
Truly, if I wanted something to get about cheaply on, It would be a registered legal motor cycle, something that easily keeps up with traffic, doesn't draw too much attention and is comfortable for at least a couple of hours of riding.
If I lived in the city, no way would I be game to be doing high speeds on a bicycle.
I prefer to drive my 1985 Landcruiser around other road users, they seem to make a bit more of an effort to keep out of my way.

Patchy

Aug 12, 2014
California
This is a great message, this is very true though. It would be awful for motorbiking to be looked at negatively because of people street racing

Last edited:

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Oh yeah.

Street racing, blowing stop signs & red lights, speeding, terrifying drivers and pedestrians and best of all leaving blood stains on the road.

Cops just hate blood stains on the road. Lots of extra paperwork. And they really hate the next of kin reports too. That just sucks.

All of the info needed to hop up a happy time is right here. High compression heads, porting, expansion chambers, low tooth count sprockets, reed valves and carbs.

You can do 50 easy. On a wall mart $100 bike.

I cringe every time I see this stuff.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I look at it this way: Darwin at work.
I did some ignorant stuff in my childhood (and adult life) and it's going to happen wherever humans congregate.
While I dislike the street racer posts, someone like Fred has the sense not to be testing speed runs in traffic.
My big issue with the rickyracer B.S. is the entire "thug" lifestyle and role model mentality these guys get. It soon becomes a contest to see who can be the most ignorant.
Using the "I'm a poor street thug tryna do my thing and the Man won't let me shine" crap is what gets on my nerves.
I'm not one of those touchy feely guys who wants to protect the human race from itself.
I feel like if you're stupid enough to get yourself killed abusing something, then good for you and good for the gene pool.
I think the world would be better off with ALL warning labels removed.
If you're stupid enough to stab yourself in the eye with a screwdriver, you should avoid pointy things.
Street racers nowadays are more about the bragging and trash talking than the true racing. It's more about lack of respect for others than it is about a burning need to push the limits on a bicycle.
I applaud Fred for refusing to join in the brag posting mentality, but honestly. I doubt he is as worried about safety as he is about liability. Any savvy business owner these days has to take our lawsuit-happy society into account when selling anything.
Just my opinion.

Last edited:

apex

Aug 27, 2013
indy
There was a time when judges had to keep their decisions within the boundaries of the law.
Today, not so much. Nowadays they are more likely to rule based on their emotions or agendas, regardless of precedent or obvious interpretation of law.
Remember, getting sued lands you in civil court, not criminal court, in criminal, the judge has to at least pretend his/her decisions are based in law. Civil, not so much.
So imagine. 15 year boy or girl injures themselves breaking the law, but their lawyer shows youtube video of older guy "breaking the law" that entrapped poor child into buying his "death-parts" . Because, you know, its up to business owners to safely raise and parent any and all minors they sell to, right?
Now imagine how a judge, or worse, a jury of suburban housewives, would rule.

Its just not worth the risk, you gotta cover yo ass.

Last edited: