Walmart FatBikes

GoldenMotor.com

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
The last bike I built back rim is 3.5 inches wide and took some real work to get it right... Spacers on hub adapter, special jackshaft, cut chain stays to make tire clearance.... It was worth all the work tho

I think that bike would be a great build and fun to ride. 99cc four stroke for sure.

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Dunno Digit, well better then knobies. Just conversation and do see your point but don't think it would be to bad.

Looking at the picture carefully, a chain or belt would not be real hard.

One real down side is, could replacement tires and tubes be found? I still really wanna build one. That bike be just perfectly fugly, snork.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I'm thinking a staton crank shift kit so you got three speeds at least. But the coaster brake is killing me! What about brakes? Wait,cyclesus.com makes wide brakes right? Off I go!

ProDigit

Mar 27, 2013
Miami, FL
It does look like a 'dozer compared to other bikes.
I think a sprocket kit will work on them; there's not much clearance, but there is some, the frame is rigid, and the tires only go 1/2in wider outside of the rims.

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
After a few simple mods, this would make an absolutly incredible motorized bicycle. I'm sure with a bit of redneck thinking a person could make up a wide multi-speed hub, and then if a person took a set of those removable bmx brake bosses, and then you would just need some metric nuts welded onto the seatstay's for the bosses to thread into. And I'm guessing then just some cheap v brakes would be able to be bolted on.

I've put a lot of thought into this ha ha

Ccd

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Thanks Draco. But here's the kicker. If it has a pedal chain,and it most certainly does,then just run a crank shift kit. You don't have to buy statons. It would be the easiest. Make your own. I probably will,since over 200 is more than I care to spend on something that WILL need to be adjusted.

ProDigit

Mar 27, 2013
Miami, FL
Here is an idea with this bike...

If you're making it like that, you'll have to add the passenger foot pegs :)

On the other hand, I'd probably prefer a saddle with a little of damping, so you could mount the back of the saddle to a shock or spring system

Last edited:

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Screw it...I'm going to buy one. I've been itching to tinker and build something again. I feel this will be a challenge, and if completed successfully, will be one **** of a conversation starter!!!!!