Yep Another Roller.

GoldenMotor.com

CDizzle

Oct 1, 2011
Dayton, OH
Well, here it is. Been too busy riding to post much. It's gone through a few transformations along the way too, but i think i have it the way i like it. With just a few small additions it will be 100% complete.

Adding a rear fender, a set of saddle bags, and working on mounts for a 2gallon sportster tank.

What do you think so far?

Geezer

May 2, 2011
Illinois
Lookin very nice CDizzle... you still planning on the paint scheme we taked about?
Really like the high-rise bars & that front fork/bag. If you do go with a rear fender, replace the bracket that attaches to were the caliper brake is with some thicker steel... every bike i've kept the rear fender on, that bracket has failed.

Nice job!!!

Last edited:

CDizzle

Oct 1, 2011
Dayton, OH
Lookin very nice CDizzle... you still planning on the paint scheme we taked about?
Really like the high-rise bars & that front fork/bag. If you do go with a rear fender, replace the bracket that attaches to were the caliper brake is with some thicker steel... every bike i've kept the rear fender on, that braket has failed.

Nice job!!!
Funny you mention that..... This will be fender #2, The first one failed and bound up in the drive chain. luckily it did it while i was pedaling to start it back up after stopping off to get a drink. this time i am going with a strut mounted fender to lessen that issue from happening again.

I am still looking into that paint. Gonna be a pain though after doing up all the wiring in shrink tubing and getting everything right. gonna hate to tear it back down and wait for the frame and tins to come back, but if it turns out as nice as planned it will be SOOOOO worth it!

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
There's nothing wrong with an OP in my book. I used one for about a year before switching to a new bike. There durable enough, the frame is practically weightless, and the fastback rear end sets it apart from other cruiser styles. The OP that I built is still running well to this day, I sold it to a friend so he would stop building junkers.

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
I want Ape Hangers too!

Every time I come to check on this post, what screams out to me is this;

Replace those crappy screws on the clutch plate, drive sprocket plate and stator plate with black Allen bolts.

You need to do that, I did, looks nice on a black motor, it would suit your theme nicely.

StonyCDizzle

Jul 5, 2009
Dayton OH
I want Ape Hangers too!

Every time I come to check on this post, what screams out to me is this;

Replace those crappy screws on the clutch plate, drive sprocket plate and stator plate with black Allen bolts.

You need to do that, I did, looks nice on a black motor, it would suit your theme nicely.
Those bolts are a replacment set I got from SBP. The stock bolts were junk and 2 were stripped when I got the kit.

Whatt you see is not the finished product. Its really just a fully functional mock up. Once i'm finished, and everything is just how I like it. Its all coming back apart, and i'm sending it out for paint. The frame will be '71 Plymouth Plum Crazy purple, and the Sportster tank i'm putting on it, will be matte black with plum crazy flames. I'm also going to grind the edges of the fins on the head to even them up and possibly paint them plum crazy, or I may leave them bare.

StonyCDizzle

Jul 5, 2009
Dayton OH
It will also have a full chrome rear fender to balance out the forks, and studded black leather saddle bags.

After this picture was taken I added an 11" rearview to the clutch side bar, and put on switchblade grips to match the saddle. The rear fender should be going on it tonight, if I get off work in time.